Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Miracles, Miracles---Everywhere! April 14, 2014

Family!!! 
First and foremost-- CONGRATS to KAYLEE!!!! Wahoooooo!!! Im going to count her as one of my baptisms too ;). Proud of you Kaylee Babe! Sounds like a good week for all back at home.

This week was AWESOME! 

First and Foremost-- MOM AND DAD. I got the package :) Thanks....it came at the up most needed opportunity. And also, the scarf is adorable. Nice touch mom. The Elders that brought it made me fashion it. Now they all know how styling you are!

This week was....spiritual. Yeah, that is how I would describe it. 

First off, the Patriach's wife is in the hospital and its very serious. I don't know what she has...because sorry my medical knowledge in portuguese is not up to par...and if you remember me at all...it will never be up to par. Ewie. But she went to the hospital and is in the equivalent of the ICU... She went the Friday before conference. Her son is the Mission President of my companions home ward. And he was called to be a Seventy this General Conference. But cute little Irma Laurita didn't get to see it. This family is incredible. They have a bunch of kids that moved to Florida and played semi-pro soccer there, but are now coaching. And they are less active. More than less active...its really sad. But this family moved here for the summer for the World Cup. They are really truly against the church. Get really frustrated when missionaries visit type of thing... But when we stopped by to visit Irmao Pacheco and just be there for him, the son was totally different with us. This son speaks portuguese but his wife nor children don't. But he was SO friendly toward Sister Tanaka and I. He asked us to teach his daughter (15/16 year old) portuguese. And so we set up a portuguese class with her. But everybody in the family came up and was like you are going to teach her through the discussions right?? My companion and I just laughed...of course... haha. But the less active dad is totally okay with that. He WANTS her baptized.... it was a miracle. Seriously. I probably cried... 

Second...ERASMO FINALLY CAME TO CHURCH! Erasmo is the husband of Celia, Son of Antonio. And difficult as ever... but I love them. There date for baptism is next week...but on Saturday we totally thought it was going to have to change. Because they STILL hadn't come to church. So my companion and I stopped by their house Saturday night at 830 after a baby shower. My companion, who has serious stomach issues, was having a really tough time, wanted to go home. But I knew we needed to stop there. So we did. We begin talking with Erasmo...same old promise he gave us. But then...My companion starts to talk about all the times we have a bad day, and we visit them and instantly feel better. She shared how at the moment she felt horrible, but as she started talking to Erasmo, she felt better. He just looked at us and said, You can always call us. And immediately after that everything changed. He began to ask us what happens after we leave and finish our missions and how him and Celia were never going to see us again. And my companion mid sentence about Facebook just stopped. And we both looked at each other and said...We are going to see you again. And then my companion threw in...You are going to go to Sao Paulo. And Erasmo looked at us like we were crazy. Haha, we are. But he wanted to know more. I questioned him about Celia, and if he wanted to be with her forever, and if he wanted to be with his Dad forever too. As he answered the questions he said he started to feel something, something he had never felt before. And my companion and I refused to explain how life eternal could be his, the only thing we said was the word, TEMPLES. (mainly cause it was 8:45, and we lived 20 minutes away). But he just became super interested....(finally, he feels the spirit haha)....and Sunday...HE WAS AT CHURCH!!! Haha, miracle. It was testimony meeting...and even more of a miracle, it was our wards week at the temple in Sao Paulo...so every member was talking about Temples... I felt like Kaylee and Mike with word of the day at church. Every time they would say temple, Erasmo just looked at me..like...HEY!! haha, it was hilarious...but at the same time an incredible experience to have. He started crying....it was an awesome sunday. I loved it. 

We also had more investigators there! Which was awesome, but difficult to get everyone everywhere. But we did it.

This week the members really stepped in with us. We had a lot of teenagers that came and taught with us for a couple hours. One of named, Dudu... (hold your laughs, thats a common name here, and has nothing to do about the bathroom) But he is a 15 year old kid in our ward. His Grandma and mom are the only firm members in their HUGE family...seriously huge. The same situation of the Mansell side of things...everybody knows each other. But we have been working with Dudu, to keep him firm, and also his brother David and his Uncle. They are incredible people, just lost way a little bit. They have a strong desire to return, but need a little push. Thats what we are for, right?

It has been so fun to have 2 more sisters in this area! We have pajama nights sometimes that last about 20 minutes...haha until we are all dead asleep at 1030. But it is way fun. And we have a lot of fun members that just are always so willing to help. 

This week I went to my first Brazilian Baby Shower. It was different...haha. Seriously, not a baby shower. It was for our investigator that is 17, and awesome. But this was an excuse for her mother in law to throw a big party. And when we went...we left.  haha. Dropped some diapers off for her, said Hi and peaced. But it was good we went...because nobody was talking to the center of the party!! Eeka. Funny story. Before I say this, everything was blue...EVERYTHING. Blankets...clothes...the babies name was on everything, on the wall...BLUE BLUE BLUE. We were sitting there, and talking to Arleisa (investigator) and one of the guests comes up and asks...´so is it a boy...or girl...´ I just couldn't believe it...hahaha. My companion and I busted up a gut after about that one. The sad part is, the next day... Arleisa and Amanda didn't go to church...and we have to cut them...which is going to be way hard.... 

Anyways...this week was good. My companion and I worked really hard to achieve the Silent Standards...because it was Standards week. So we worked a lot. a lot a lot a lot. But... we did it. First time for me!!

We have a lot of baptisms coming up that I am super excited for...we have worked really hard to help these members, and it has been such an incredible learning experience for us. 

Today I am writing a bit later because we had a Zone Activity. I want to send pics, but the computer I have today USB thing doesn't work. We played water balloon volleyball, treasure hunt for Easter (is that this week??? Nobody knows down here...) Ate some Brazilian pancakes (crepes with taco meat...) it was a good time had by all....I am pretty sure I am sunburnt to a crisp...but it was worth it. And yes...Aunt Gay, I put on sunscreen....


Anyways, love you all!!! Miss you guys lots. Was thinking about you lots this week, and am of course, always praying for you!! You know what they say...home is where the heart is. :)


LOVE YOU!

Sister Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment