Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A week of Pancakes (2/12/14)


THAT IS RIGHT!!! Brazil MTC finally went American on us. We got pancakes for breakfast.... TWICE!!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven. They weren't even disgusting a little bit...And even greater fact...I ate about 8. Each time. I was so so happy. Probably the biggest answer to my prayers this week so far. Okay so anyways....Things are getting surreal here. We are in our last week...and still learning portuguese. Hahah. Okay, I mean we know enough to get us by...but some gramatics like past vs present are still getting us sometimes. But that is okay! We got this. Today we are spending our Last pday with our Instructor (Irmao "Burrito" Brito) and his fiance that works here (Irma "Fajita" Ferreria). They are legit! Totally just die laughing all the time together. So I'm excited. Our favorite place here on Pday is this not so little bakery...It is huge! It has all this delicious pastry stuff, and I just die every time. They have american candy too, it is just a little pricey...but sometimes worth it, snickers bars. Hahaha. Anyways. So other than that we spend as much time as we can outside the CTM. Just go walking around looking at clothes. Bought a cute skirt...haha...I miss shopping, what can I say? I really don't have that much to tell you guys this week. We just learn portuguese all day! Hahah, my comp and I have strived really hard to have good lessons, that they can understand without notes. In fact, one of our investigators got baptized this week! Haha, hallelujah! He is a pretty funny fake investigator. (This investigator is played by Irmao Burrito...our instructor...haha) Anyways he plays like he has OCD, which Burrito does in real life, and he told us after a lesson that we actually are somehow helping him with that for reals. We don't understand how, but hey, he was grateful and we will take it.  We got a new group of Elders this week...and hey...one of them said he knows MIKE CRAIG.  His name is Elder Ordinola.. I learn too many names here a week. Haha...but if Mike...maybe you know what I'm talkin' about? I would say my favorite part of the day is Physical Activity. Haha...our 40 minutes to just maybe let out like 1/4 of the energy we have. The sisters have a nice routine-- We run a couple laps on our dinky little track and then play Volleyball with the Elders and then go to the gym and do weights and stuff...and stretches..like yoga.... Volley ball is actually really hilarious cause it is just a bunch of Americans that don't know how to play and then we take it jokingly serious, if that makes sense. It's hilarious. Brazilians just love to play with us. Oh I know a story! Tuesday we actually sang in devotional. We sang "He Sent His Son" once in portuguese and once in english...with a cool little arrangement...It was awesome!! My district has got talent. Last night our devo was given by the Medical Doctor and his wife, from Co, and they are honestly just SO SO SO cute. Sister Jafek talked about kindness, which is great, because it's like...our district clearly needed that. Haha... and then Elder Jafek talked about forgiveness! And he did really good! I always love Devotional. Another tough week for our district so as I was praying this week, it came to me that for me personally, on hard days..I am going to write 5 tender mercies...or 5 positive things. I can already feel such a difference in my attitude! Somedays it is harder to find 5, other days I have a plentitude to choose from!! I love this! Here is a funny story for ya'll. So you remember the companion that totally tinkled herself...well needless to say she has done it a couple more times. Haha, which is funny...slash worrisome. But regardless, she decided to tell one of the Elders (She's crazy for doing that...but it was funny) As she was telling him, we were all dying laughing because it is hilarious, and he just grew to be more and more awkward. So we were dying even more, and then as we were all on the floor laughing... The same sister just totally rips one!!!! Hahahahahahahahahah I seriously about tinkled myself. This sister, can't mention her name. is keeping me on my toes constantly. She is soo soo funny. Anyways--I really have not much to say. I leave this place in 5 days!!! Yipee. My next letter to you dudes will be coming from the Land of Brasilia!! Hopefully that will be way more interesting of a letter!! Hahaha. Hope you got my pictures from last week and today...I can just only forward on what I get. LOVE YOU GUYS. Praying for you constantly. And Love the letters, makes Pday just THAT much greater!!! Love Sister Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment