Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm A MISSIONARY!!! (2/5/14)

FAMILY.
Hi, so we actually heard about the Broncos on Monday because all the Instructors knew I was a fan, i even made a sign for my desk. No I'm kidding, but i thought about it. It was heart breaking...dang it p.manning. I took soooo much crap here from the elders. haha. Whatevs...

Anyways, LOVED LOVED LOVED all of your letters!! I was cracking up, and my district just wants to know everything. Clearly their families just aren't quite as hilarious as you. Anyways, and then the pictures. I laughed...I cried....That food looks incredible.....hahah no and you all look so happy! Kinda made me miss you a lot more!!

Anyways-- I have ONE cool story for you all. We went proselyting...spelling anyone???... My comp and I handed out 6 Books of Mormon in 40 minutes!!! Woot woot! I love the people of brazil. We went to this park in North Sao Paulo and it was covered in homeless people. I mean, i started out terrified...and the elders were scared for us sisters...but we said a prayer and went on our way. Everyone was so accepting! We had one guy just sit and talk to us for 20 minutes (we didn't say one word, he just blabbed...haha) and he was saying how great  it is that we are sharing a message of God because the people here need that message, and need that help and faith. And blah blah, we understood about 1/4 of what he was saying I'm sure. Haha...but he took a book. We had another guy, he was actually from paraguay and he told us at the end that he wanted to change his life. And this is what he wanted, that we were literally an answer to his prayers. IT WAS THE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER FELT. Somehow, in our 5 minutes of broken portuguese and our 5 minutes of struggle of bearing a testimony, and listening to the answers and trying to respond...that Gift of Tongues stepped right in and helped. I have no idea if that man actually called the number we gave him, or what...but regardless...he was taking the steps. Funny story-- our elders came up over to us after talking to one guy for 10 minutes. We noticed they didn't give a book so we were asking and they told us it took them 10 minutes to realize that he was saying he had been a member for 8 years. Hahahaha....ohhh elders. Of course, we had some frustrating people. We had bashers, and we had racists. One lady said that if she was going to accept any missionaries in her home it would be brazilian missionaries...not American. It was discouraging....but the Gospel is the Gospel...no matter who teaches it I guess. It was an all around cool experience. I absolutely loved it.

This week I really tested myself. Haha- I studied revelations. Yes, my brain hurts. Yes, I read every verse like 50 times to even try and remotely understand it. But I am getting there. Its a really long, weird random story as to why we were reading this but us girls just decided too. Haha. And I usually would study for half of personal study...then switch over to Alma. I love reading in Alma-- just a missionary time I guess and its reassuring...Anyways....After last week I was just putting in my whole. In the language, the gospel, the food...everything. I was just trying. Gospel wise-- I kept coming to scriptures talking about peace. For example- Helamen 5:47...Think thats it. Haha. Soo it was a less trialing week. But I still learned lots. Our goals this week have been all portuguese all days haha and it is difficult. We definitely don't talk as much on those days :). But we have 2 weeks left here..no 1 and a half...so we gotta do what we can to prepare. It is getting so surreal. I am going to be in the field in 1 1/2 weeks. Did I tell you guys my instructor (Irmao Brito...or Burrito as we call him) served in Brasilia. So its way fun to talk with him, especially since we understand him now. Haha.
I am really starting to suck at speaking english. Typing it..spelling...I'm losing it. Haha. But thats probably for the better.

I still love it here! Temple is always awesome. Going there every Pday...we just start the day off right..and today...It was in ENGLISH!!! Hahaha, no headphones for us! Woohoo!!!
This week has been pretty mellow. We had two Area of the 70's come and speak with us.... they talked a lot about repentance...beat it into us type of thing. But they were still way good talks. I would title one "Walk with Christ" He talked a lot about how he is the best companion we will have because he knows the most about what we are doing. It was good...even if it was translated into broken english. Haha.

Our district is singing "He Sent His Son" in Devotional next week, one time portuguese, and witha  cool interlude we will sing it in english after. It sounds wicked. Talented district I have here....

Really nothing is new... We have one district here that is just two elders, they are american. And they are some really good guys. Every time we talk to them we end up in this deep deep conversation and we never have any idea how it got to that. Haha...but thats cool. Whatever. They bring some really good insight.

Anyways, sorry this is so short. But I have the same schedule!! Hahah. Love you all. Praying for you so much all the time. I know this Gospel is true. I can see it every day. I know that God is watching over all of us and that he answers our prayers, whether we feel it or not. He is ALWAYS there, and matches up to our faith. Keep praying.

Sister Craig
Helamen 5:47


P.S I sent a picture of some of the elders we got friends with...because they were in the field...and could send pictures :) haha. I'll get more!

No comments:

Post a Comment