Monday, March 24, 2014

Conferences, Training, Conferences, Training.... March 10

Family!!! Hi!!!!!!
I feel like I just wrote you all...oh wait...I did. Lets see....I will see if I can scrape something new up.
This week was different. Not hard....Not easy....just different. With Carnaval, lots of zone trainings, district meetings, Zone Conferences, Stake Conferences, we had little time to teach and contact. But we did manage to mark another baptism!
This girls name is Eliase. She is 17 years old, and pregnant. Living with her boyfriend and his family. She is incredibly sweet, and just always lights up as soon as she sees us. She is so receptive of everything we say, but sincerely receptive. She reads and prays with real intent, and marks her scriptures and asks questions. She is just incredible, and I love teaching with her! Even if she sometimes laughs at my Portuguese....haha I mean Im not fluent..
This week we had a zone conference at the presidents house.... haha lots of portuguese. I tried my best to follow and understand all of it...but I think I missed some parts! The president talked a lot about Nephi...and so did the assistants. We all went around and shared attributes and scriptures of Nephi that we liked! It was really cool to hear the others thoughts and scriptures. Definitely one of those moments that I sat there and was like, ´´I got a lot to work on´´. I want to be the best missionary I can be. And I know that through honest study, honest prayer, and hard work...the Lord will bless me. The Lords hand is in my life daily. I know that. Because I feel it.
In the CTM we had this devo and they talked about one of the gifts we receive when set apart as a missionary is the gift to walk with the One who knows most about Missionary work, about the people. I am walking with the Lord. He is using me as an instrument. I love this work, honest to everything. I love the people. I love my area. The most common question asked to me is ´´do you like brazil and what about it do you like??´´ My answer is always the people! And the person always laughs and is like ya...right...But Im serious! I love them!!


Stake Conference was good! They talked about missionary work! And the president and his wife talked, and they talked about us! Haha...it was awesome! The first half we didn't see because it was being transmitted in, and the internet stopped working...brazil for ya. 
The funniest part was the choir! Here I am....expecting this grand shindig because I am Kaye Craigs daughter... the choir was good...just sang out of the Hymn Book. But there was some girl sitting by the mic that was sending sound to us and she was singin her heart out. And it was....not the same song...I think. Hahaha. It was hilarious! Everyone was just sitting there snickering to themselves. Haha. Good first stake conference I would say.
I know I promised recipes this week, and I failed you at that. I have them...but I left my notebook with them at our apartment. Sooo...next week!!!
Sorry this letter doesn't have much! But its only been like 4 days...haha. Next week will be better! Love you all. Thanks for the letters...always just dying laughing. Miss you always...Love you forever!!

Sister Craig!!!
Go read your scriptures!

No comments:

Post a Comment