Monday, March 24, 2014

Nossa! (Wow!)

Family!!
Did anyone else read Dads letter? I think he is bored....haha...or lonely. Poor Guy. Hahaha, love you pops! Sorry the house is finally just too quiet to sleep. Just turn on the Food Network Channel...I hear that works!

Okay so this week was all sorts of weird. First and most important-- MOM AND KATIE!!! I got Katie's package! haha, by some miracle I got itTuesday at our District Meeting in Aza Sul. I seriously have no idea why but I did. I think our Elders had to go to the office, so they picked it up...but. THANK YOU!!!!!! I sent you a special email. 

This week I spent most of my time at the hospital.... you all can imagine my excitement for this. But, before I arrived here my companion was having stomach issues and when she went to the hospital before they gave her a list of 13 exams she had to get done. Icky. Sounds awful right? It was...for me. I had to obviously go WITH her...and so I just sat in the hospital waiting room...looking at my shoes. No kidding I felt like Luke Danes from Gilmore Girls when Lorelais Dad had a heart attack (Yes, I just referenced Gilmore Girls...I am the same old me :)) Anyways it was obviously terrible, and Im not even being dramatic. Blood was everywhere. Sick people. Icky icky. But we finished that...and have to return later for the results. Whoop.

Wednesday--- man, oh man. So we are teaching these 2 people who are engaged. Actually my comp was teaching before I arrived, but something happened and now we are back. But they really wanted us to go to their church. Im not going to name their religion...their church for safety sakes. But my companion ended up agreeing that if we went to theirs, they would come to ours. And so...wednesday night...we went. I was flippin out. I mean yes, my mom and I always jokes that we were baptist, or catholic when we visited family in other states at church, but nossa.... That was probably the weirdest experience I have ever had. And one I wont be returning too. At some points in time I had to sincerely hold in a small giggle. It was strange...but hey...if it gets them to our church...haha, I guess. 

Friday I did my first splits! I went with Sister Goncalves to Aza Norte, same area as all the important people (president, assistants, sister trainers..) and it was a really cool experience! The sister trainers have a really super nice apartment, and its cockroach free! And so I got to meet some of their investigators and such.... It was awesome. Their area is absolutely beautiful. I loved it!

Sunday--ANTONIO CAME TO CHURCH!!! MILAGRES! Miracles! So Antonio, Celia, Erasmo...they are incredible people, right? We have had amazing experiences while teaching them. And they (okay, minus Erasmo...) know this gospel is true. But we have had the hardest time getting them to church. So saturday we stopped by, and we talked with Erasmo. And he said he would come. And he promised. First-- let me describe Erasmo to you. Haha, he is hilarious. He is like a little kid. Just all sorts of fun, funny--and difficult. But we are working with him. And the reason they don't come to church is because he always wants to travel somewhere Saturday night and stay wherever they are until Sunday night. But this week, we caught him! And he agreed!
So we were super excited for Sunday...and we got there and church started and they weren't there...and we called...nothing. So we seriously became so sad. Like ouch... And right after sacrament...I see Antonio (father to erasmo) standing there. And I became so so excited! He explained that a bunch of family literally came to the house at 830 as they were leaving. So they had to stay, but Antonio really wanted to come. So he did. And he loved it. And the members were incredible with him!!! He made friends...and when Church was over, Erasmo picked him up. And Antonio was introducing everybody to Erasmo and such. It was awesome. Last night we visited them with some members that are super fun, and same age as Erasmo and Celia. It was a good lesson. I seriously love this family. They are going to be incredible members, strong and firm members. 

This week I studied Alma 26. Um.... i actually study this probably once a week. Because I love it. And I cry like a baby every time. And I hope that you all read and study this chapter. I love the way God is described, the way he is praised. I admire the joy, the happiness that is talked about because of the Missionary work that has happened. I just absolutely love this chapter.

Sorry this letter isn't all that tuuhh-duhh. Or anything, but this week was one cramped for time...as always, but more than usual. I love you all and am so happy I have to guys in my life! Your testimonies have been an example to me since I was little. And Im so grateful to you guys for that. Love you muito! 


Ate Mais
Sister Craig!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment