Wednesday, January 29, 2014

From a Three-Some to a Two-Some...

Oy Familia!! We got a new sister this week, from provo. She got paired up with Sister Forsythe! She is from Georgia, so shout out to my Chickfila homies, she loves her chicken just like us! Hahah...the poor girl is getting her butt kicked. Apparently provo doesn't force the language so much as it does here. So going from barely any portuguese to most of the day in portuguese is difficult. But we are helping her as much as we can. Okay. so let me start you off with this new president. HE ROCKS. Haha, he was actually head of missionary department or something or other. He, among the Prophet and apostles, was the only one to know of the missionary age change before it happened. He is seriously the greatest, most hilarious guy ever! He told us all about how he wrote the proposal for the age change. It started 10 years ago, and was denied 3 times. Denied in the sense that, it just wasn't the right time, kind of thing.I was wondering if maybe Janell would know him?? So that was a really cool experience to hear about!! This week was pretty much the same haha. Class is all day, every day. Portuguese is coming along some days, and then other days it is the most frustrating thing ever! Haha, but I like it none the less, and I'm working. We had an incredible devotional from Elder Holland (it was a DVD from 2011) and he ended it just talking about Peter after Christ left and they went back to fishing. And he focused in on the Do YOU love me?! It really put it in perspective for me. I am here BECAUSE I love him, becuase I am so grateful for what he did. Anyways it was anwesome talk, wish you all could hear it. So the choir here, (every missionary) is fun. This week we sang Joseph Smiths First Prayer and it was incredible! I seriously was just crying, had the chills. Our director this time was amazing. He was an instructor here, we are good friends with him. He is incredibly talented at music. Mom, you would like him. Anyways, it was so good the President made us do it again. Also MOM-- Could you send the lyrics to the EFY medley that we sang in Stake Conference.... my comp wants them. Anyways, i'm starting to really love the instructors here! They are so nice, and friendly and actually kind of hilarious. Haha, Plus they love americans so they come and talk to us all the time. One of our instructors, Irma Alcalde is actually gonna come hang out with us in Sao Paulo today cause it is her Pday too! She said there is a really good bakery around here, so Im definitely excited...and starving. Hahaaha.  This week I was really struck by my study in Jacob. I don't know why I went out of my norm in Alma, but one day I decided to study Chapter 6 of Jacob. It's right after the Olive tree stuff, but seriously like every line and verse in the chapter is incredible, and so touching. I challenge y'all to go read it. Our amazing brazilian roomates left this week. I loved those two girls! They were so helpful! Everynight we would read the Book of Mormon in portuguese out loud and they would help with the pronunciation. Book of Mormon Portuguese is HARD. Hahah, and then one of them wanted help in english so we would help her read in english after that. But they left haha. They are actually serving in this area of Sao Paulo, and we saw one of them today after the Temple!! FUNNY STORY...So this person chooses to remain nameless...but one night we were in the auditorium as a class, and doing a teaching activitiy where we were teaching the person, not a lesson. So anyways we were teaching each other, and our elders are just really funny. You have to know that...we crack up at them all the time. So one of my companions was laughing hysterically at his made up issue for the investigators stuff, and she also had to go the bathroom. Anyways we were all oblivious as to what was happening until she comes up and was like I need to go to the bathroom, and so we went. And she was like guys... i may or may not have peed my pants. and i was like what? Are you serious hahahahahahha. Because really, how often does that ACTUALLY happen. But yes, she did pee her pants, she had to go so bad that it was the point of she couldn't even move, and then add in our hilarious elder....she was done for. We were just cracking up in the bathroom and when we walked out (guarding the sister who had the accident) everybody in the auditorium (becuase by now about 5 other districts had come in) were just staring at us. Seriously so funny!!! Our instructor didn't find it as funny as us though when we had to go to our room and get her a new skirt.....weird...hope you all find that funny. Other than that, our days have been similar. We have 3 investigators, which sometimes is easy...depending on who it is. But we have one investigator who has a lot of issues, (fake ones) and also she doesn't slow down and speak so we understand about 1/2 of what she is saying. Haha. Anyways, I'm sorry this was so short, and so adequate of a letter...slash kind of boring. I loved loved loved your letters so much this week! They were exactly what I needed to put me through another letter. Don't be afraid to add or slash just send some pictures :) I pray for you all daily! And hope you all are doing well! SISTER CRAZY.

No comments:

Post a Comment