Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January 15, 2014


FAMILY!!!! Okay so this stupid computer doesn't type that fast. I have 20 minutes to write. First off, loved loved loved your letters. Thank you so so much. I was seriously cracking up and my district thinks i'm weird. I have so much to say and its stressing me out!!! This keyboard doesn't let me do anything, like push enter. Okay. My companions name are Sister Forsyth...Springville Virginia. And sister stout...Austin Texas. I LOVE THEM. My district is awesome. Most importantly, the Brazilians. That is who I spend my time with. THey are so so sweet. They care so much. Once you meet and talk for like 5 minutes then they just instantly care and love you so much. And it is so helpful to have that because they translate, and most of them want to know english. Its a fair trade. I cant sit by anyone at any meal and they will be so inviting and helpful. There are a couple people I want to tell you about. 1st, Elder Assis. He is the roommate of the elders in our district. And he is just such a sweetheart. He is really good at english and it is so helpful when he is with us. So one breakfast it was just me and him talking, while everyone else was talking elsewhere. He told me about his conversion story. And I just started bawling. This kid went through so so many trials that I wish I could tell you. But we were both just crying as he told us his story. He has only been a member for 1 year and his testimony of missionary work of is so strong. Im learning so much, and it is such a strength to be his friend. Next is Elder Calixto and Elder Melo, they are so so funny. I just crack up every time I am with them. Funny story, I was trying to say bread in Portuguese, and it is pao. But the pronunciation of it, is so crucial. Anyways it is a bad word they say if you say it wrong. So we looked it up and in one of our dictionaries it says it means cute boys. And we told them that, and so now we just say, how bread you are. The thing with making friends with these great elders is that they are brazilian and flippin leave in 4 days. Make me cry. BRazilian cafeteria food. is awful. All the brazilians even say this isn~t how our food is, it sucks...blah blah blah. But we try it every day regardless, and sometimes its okay. We have porridge everyday for breakfast, i feel like goldilocks. I just eat the bread thats on the side. It is a solid bird diet I have going on here. I sit in a classroom 9 hours of the day, and my but is continually killing me so bad. So i love our gym time every day. Plus gym time is with my favorite people; Ahh, seriously that 30 minutes went fast. Church was great, we have the first 2 hours of church and then we break for lunch and then after lunch is relief society....now that is my kind of church!!!!!! I'm learning portuguese so fast, and my faith in the gift of tongues is growing. I have had my frustrating moments, or days... my instructor was frustrating at first, but it's getting better and better. I can carry a conversation now in Portuguese. We just got new doctors, they are from littleton. THEY USED TO WORK FOR THE DENVER NUGGETS!!!!!!!! I was freaking out. They are so nice too, and love me cause I am from colorado. haha. My companion lived with my old roommates up at BYU Idaho. Totally should have known her.I am loving it. With all the challenge, and frustration, I am loving it.  I am sending out other letters with more details today!! Seriously, just not enough time in the world.I love you all!!! Praying about you constantly!!!! SISTER CRAIG.

No comments:

Post a Comment