Friday, May 30, 2014

It's like I am famous. - May 26, 2014

Guys!!!!!!! Its been a great week!!!!

First off---Happy Birthday to my Ashlynn Girl!!!! Wahoo!!!! She is getting so old!!

Okay..so actually this week was normal...up until Saturday.
Saturday Morning was the day of Elder Anderson!!!! Wahoo. I am just going to start from the beginning. One, our mission got lucky. He ended up canceling a lot of Mission visits...but ours was one of few that wasn't cancelled. 
So the Assistants had us arrive there at like the crack of dawn, just to be safe. So 2 hours later, they start setting everyone in the spots for the mission picture with Elder Anderson. First off, you can all feel bad for any missionary that is in Palmas right now. They are 12 away from Brasilia, but still our mission, and they didn't get to come for this. Haha, so that really stinks. But still without them...we had 180 missionaries, more or less. 

So Elder Koelliker and Elder Swallow got everyone in their place...and it was about8:10...we still have 50 minutes, right? And its just this wild mess. Everyone is excited, talking to everybody...and Elder Koelliker looks at me and just gives that look like...I gotta do something! So he gets everyone's attention and says we are going to sing a hymn. And then he asked me to lead the group while he works on preparing other stuff. So here I am, in front of 180 missionaries, and everyone is just singing their hearts out. When one hymn finishes, everyone is bursting out numbers for which hymn they want to sing. But holy tar, Mom, you would have loved to see this sight. It was incredible. Every song we sang, it didn't matter which, as I looked at the group, into every missionary, I felt their love of the Savior through their singing. The spirit was so strong as I listened and heard 180 missionaries sing about the Spirit of God, or about Joseph Smith's First prayer...or even when they sang Nearer my God to Thee. It definitely was one of my highlights of the morning. After, we stopped because we had word that Elder Anderson had arrived. As missionaries, we planned a special surprise that as he entered the church, we would be singing our Mission Hymn. It is a Brazilian hymn, but it talks about bringing the world the gospel. So as he entered, the Brasilia Mission was singing "Ide por Todo Mundo".And when he entered the gym, with President and Sister Gaertner, and the millions of security, it felt as if Christ had actually just walked into the room, and was listening to us sing. It was INCREDIBLE. Holy cow!! I can't name one Sister that wasn't crying... And even some Elders. 
So we took our picture, and after we had the chance to shake the hand of Elder Anderson and his adorable wife. Which was awesome...just leave it at that. 
Then began the talks. First our President and his wife bore their testimony...and then 2 more people, I think of the area of the 70, bore theirs. And then the choir sang Called to Serve...and it was really good... And then Sister Anderson!!! Ahh, it was amazing. Elder and Sister Anderson speak Portuguese, but it is broken, and has the biggest accent. But it was adorable!!! Anyways, she only spoke a little in Portuguese. They both had translators. She talked about how we need to listen up. Haha, she talked about the 12 apostles and the Prophet, and how even though she is married to Elder Anderson, she still takes notes on his talks, because he still is a Servant of the Lord, and his words are truly inspired words of God. 

And now--- ELDER ANDERSON!!!!!
Okay, so to start off, being in the choir, we had the privilege of sitting in the FIRST row. To be able to describe what happened feels impossible, so I am just going to do my best. Elder Anderson talked about the Atonement of Christ, and as missionary this is our focus. This is biggest claim a person can gain a testimony of. Once they gain this testimony, and have felt of the sacrifice made for them personally, in their life, everything else just makes sense. The cool thing that happened, was he didn't stay standing in the pulpit, which even if he did, I was right there, and he smiled and made eye contact with me multiple times (I am famous.) But the fact that he got down from the pulpit and walked around, and included our thoughts and opinions was even better. We talked a lot about the scriptural reference of the Atonement and if we haven't studied each and every single chapter that talks about the atonement, then we have a new goal this week. As he closed his talk, he was standing right in front of me. Bearing his testimony of the Savior, of the Restoration, and as he spoke the words that our heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us, he looked me straight into the eye. And in that moment, I really truly felt the Love that God had for me. Because I know of a surety that in that moment...the penetrating look I received from Elder Anderson, wasn't Elder Anderson. It was the comfort and love I was receiving from my Heavenly Father, through his Servant. He wasn't looking at me, to look somewhere. He was really truly looking at me, as a Sister in Christ. As a daughter of God. And in that moment, my Testimony that the Lord lives and loves, but also he loves us so much that he has called 12 apostles, a living prophet, to guide this world. 

And so, to end this monstrous story, I know that this weekend was a once in a lifetime opportunity. But for me, it was last. My testimony of the Savior is this-- He died for us. He paid the price for us. He did everything, perfectly to fulfill the plan. And through this price, we have a great opportunity. Joseph Smith restored this Gospel. He translated the Book of Mormon, and I believe it is a testament of Christ. 
I know God lives. He loves us.

I love you guys. I feel of your love daily. Seriously, there are moments that I sit down, and know in that moment, I have an eternal family that loves me. And I love them. 
Praying for you.

Also, Elder Anderson said he likes 2 Nephi 9:41 a lot. Probably one of his Favorites.

Sister Craig :)

No comments:

Post a Comment