Monday, September 15, 2014

August 11, 2014

Ola Familia!

I can't believe that Tyler comes home this week! What? That kid just left. Oh wait, no that was me. Haha. 

I am just going to tell you the cool things that happened this week. 

Wednesday we had a blitz. Every Wednesday, our Zone goes to one set of missionaries areas and makes contacts. Its really cool if you think about it.... 18 missionaries, in one tiny area talking to everyone for 3 hours. So this week was Santa Maria (Holy Mary haha). It is always funny to see the Elders reactions when you give them your references and are saying "This family is awesome, they totally let us in and asked us a bunch of interesting questions etc. etc." It is funny because the Elders are always complaining about how nobody lets them in on first contact. Haha....oh elders. Anyways, I was dying of thirst during the blitz and saw a man and his wife washing something outside on their driveway. So I decided to ask them for water. We got talking, and they invited us in. It was a super awesome lesson, as they asked questions directly relating to the Restoration of the Gospel. And the spirit was super strong. I always love giving these types of references, because you know that you were the door to the gospel, and the missionaries called to serve in that area, are going to lead them right in. 

Wednesday we also had a Zone meeting. Where we got a bunch of new goals with the President...and we got a tiny lecture. I am not sure why exactly, but we got one. This President is really kicking us into gear! Haha. Its going to be awesome to see the miracles that come from him. In the Mission Counsel, he talked a lot about obedience. Don't worry dad, you weren't the only one thinking about it this week. This crazy thing is, is that my mission is known as the most obedient. I think just out of Brasil. Anyways, I am just babbling about this now. But, it was a super good zone meeting. And the counsel about obedience touched everyone, not because we are being disobedient necessarily, just because...I know the blessings that come from living obedient. And I feel a difference when we decided to choose the wrong. Our Zone leaders touched base on how obedience is getting out of bed at 6:30...not 6:35....or 6:40....6:30on the dot. Obedience is leaving your house at 10:45, not 11. We got really cracked down on the EXACT part of obedience, and it was awesome. Haha.... 

This week we also found a family to teach!!!!! Karol, Maria Eduarda, Yasmin, Jose, and Mateus. They are awesome, and really open. I believe they will be baptized in just a little bit. 

Other than that, this week was normal. A lot of contacts, trying to find new investigators...

I don't know if I told you, but every Wednesday, us American Missionaries in our Zone teach an English Class. It is really cool seeing people learn a language completely different. And its really fun teaching it!!! Haha, their accents are hilarious. 

This week, we talked to this old lady, Isabell. She this crazy old lady that just LOVES to talk. When we asked her if she had any questions for us she said... " Yes, why do you 'crenches' (meaning people who have a lot of beliefs, almost like Nuns) never die?" I was like...what? we don't? Thats news to me! Hahaha, anyways...turns out she has never seen one of us die...and therefor believes, we don't die. 

Family...friends.... I just want to share my testimony that I know that God lives. He loves you, and me...and each and every one of us. We are his children and he has sent us here to grow. To learn how to choose right or wrong. It is part of His marvelous plan. And I know he has one for ALL of us. I love you all, and seriously am so grateful for everything that you guys have ever done/do for me.  

Sister Craig

 I love 7 months and acai!
MMmmmmm. Acai is the worlds greatest thing ever!!! Too bad the States don't have it!
 Sister Craig finally reached 7 months on the mish!!
For all those wondering....New Jerusalem is here in Brasil!!!! Hahaha.....had a good laugh at that... 

No comments:

Post a Comment