Monday, September 15, 2014

August 25, 2014

Helllooooo Everybody!!!! Its ME!!!!!!!....Uncle Fran....wait...Sister Craig!!!!!!! 

This week was great! Isn't every week great in the work of the Lord? Yes, I believe it is! Haha.

This week we marked a baptismal date with Evaldo. He is this little old guy that is HILARIOUS. So we were talking to him, following up on his reading. And he said he had been reading, but he wasn't praying. And I asked..."Well why not?!" And he just starts to talk about how it is because he needs to feel pure and be completely certain about what he was going to pray. Basically he was wanting to have his answer without the help of God. So I asked him.... "Evaldo, when you eat cake, do you need to eat all of it to know that it really is cake? And that it really is delicious?" And he says, "No, I think one piece is sufficient." And then he starts laughing....and he said..."So what your saying is that because I went to church, and because I liked church, and liked what I read...that I know this Gospel is true?" And we all just sat there like..."you said it, not me!" Haha, he then asks us when a baptismal date would be, and that he was going to pray that night. He accepted the baptismal date of this Sunday! And I am soooooooo excited for him. This little old man is hilarious. And I have loved working with him. 

We also marked a date with Fernanda. She is a 20 year old lady that is studying in a college here, and SUPER shy. But, she has been taking the lessons normal, praying and reading...and we marked a date with her on the 7th of September! It will be good to see what happens with her! 

This week, we had a Stake activity, that the Stake President ordered that every missionary in the stake be there. That is 40 missionaries. It was an activity for  the youth in our stake about missionary work. And the Mission President and his wife were invited and attended. IT was an AWESOME activity. At one point in time, all the youth were downstairs (because our chapel is huge and has 2 floors) and the stake president was talking to us missionaries. When all of a sudden, he announced, "I have emailed your bishops with an announcement that they need to call the BEST man in your ward to be the Ward Mission Leader. And if the best priesthood worthy man, has a calling, to release him and then call him as Ward Mission Leader. Missionary work is not a joke any more to me" And he just starts to get all super serious and spiritual. And my mouth literally had dropped (no seriously, I was in the biggest shock) and I looked at President Lundgren who was just laughing and smiling at me, giving me the look like, "Yup, you can believe it Sister Craig... it is a necessity." So that is pretty neat, and happening down here. 

This week my body got hit with the biggest cold of all colds. Knocked me out a whole day and a half. Haha. Literally felt like my body was shutting down. But now, I am getting better...almost normal. Haha, normal.... 

Okay what else..I mean, everything is good here in Gama. Gama is Zion! Haha. I think I said that last week. But I LOVE Game. Probably one of the betters here in Brasilia. My companion is still awesome. I mean she has 12 days left. But she is still working harder than ever. My ward is full of incredible people that make me laugh...make me cry.... 
This week will be full of talent show activity preparation, and lots of contacts and finding new people to teach! I pretty much just love my life. Alright? 

I love you guys! And I am certainly still praying for you all!

 Today we went to Asa Norte (Rich part of Brasilia!) 
 I love this sign. Because I LOVE BRASILIA!
I think someone just got a little homesick for Bear Lake.....Sister Craig!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment