Monday, September 15, 2014

She'll be comin' around the mountain - Septemer 8, 2014

First and foremost-- Happy 8 months without Sister Craig!!!! Man, I can't believe you guys have actually made it this far without me! Hahahaha. Hilarious. 
Secondmost- Today was transfers, I stayed in Gama (hallelujah!!!) and my companion is........ TRAINING!!!! I will be training a greenie. Or in the mission terms, I am going to have a daughter! Guys, I didn't even know I was pregnant!  Haha, got any good jokes? I am totally kidding. It is going to be awesome!! For today, I am with Sister Souza and Sister Forsyth (comp from the MTC), here in Gama. And tomorrow we will pick up the newbies. All of us are training. Like the whole world...cause 26 arrive tomorrow and 20 something arrive next transfer. It was really cool to hear President Lundgren talk about the growth of our Mission during the training of the trainers...(?)haha. He talked about how the Prophet is obviously trusting a lot in our Mission because we have had 3 consecutive transfers full of newbies, more than 20. And all the others are like 5-8 newbies. I am super...excited and nervous for this transfer! I want to train this Sister right! Prayers will be needed, and advice is always welcomed from those RM's I know :). 

This week was.....busy! First off, I said Tchau to Sister Valenzuela, as she headed home and finished the mission. I totally cried like a baby, because I LOVED her. But, I am sure that whats next is going to be great! I stayed here in Gama with the other group of Sisters, and worked a lot with their investigators. They are teaching two dudes named, Eric and Isais (Isaiah?) who are going to get baptized this Sunday! Yaaaa! These guys are complete and totally miracles. They were those guys that drank, smoked...and now after receiving the lessons they have completely turned their lives around, going to church, keeping the word of wisdom, and totally excited for their baptism this Sunday! They both are single fathers, with the cutest little kids! It was fun to get to know them while the other Sisters got to know them as well. Haha. Saturday night, we taught them in the chapel with our Elder's Quorum President. We taught them about Plan of Salvation and they were asking questions about Eternal Families, and they asked me about my family. Inside I just started dying a little bit, as the spirit testified to me, "Yes, you have an eternal family! They are waiting for you in the US, praying for you!" Its seriously the most trunky thing, but I just got a little teary eyed as I told and testified of the truths of Eternity in the Gospel. And then everybody started laughing at me because I was teary eyed, and so I quickly zipped my eyes up and turned off the water works. But I am SO grateful to know that the work we do here, the opportunities we have to be sealed as a family, are true. I know this, and am so grateful for it. After that lesson, I think it was...that night...I was just doing a little reading in my scriptures, and what I ended up reading was Alma 26, where Ammon is talking about the Lord, and the work that he had done, and how he used them as instruments in His hands. And I just got so grateful that I turned the water works back on. In verse 2 (I think) where it asks about the blessings that God has given us, I just started thinking and thinking and thinking of the ALL of the blessings he has given me. So you could say that my heart got swollen up in gratitude of the Lord's tender mercies this week. And as always, I give you all the invite to study Alma 26 this week. As it has become my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon. 

This week was too busy that I don't even remember. Actually, my brain isn't working right cause I woke up at 4 am! Yes, I am crazy. But living with Sisters and one bathroom is impossible!! Haha, so there is that. 

I am really grateful to be here in Brasil. In Gama, doing the Lord's work! I am grateful to have you guys as my support. I know it is small, and doesn't seem like much, but it makes the biggest difference to know of who is on your side. And my side has a lot of people. That's pretty neat... 

This week I have pictures of some families, of transfers today, of Isais and Eric. Next week...my new companion! 

TCHAU!!! Saudades de vocês!
Sister Craig

 Eric and Phillipe! They gave us breakfast before church!
 My family away from Family. Left to right, top to bottom-- Nayara, Papai (Ailson), Mamae (Francisca), Bruno, Sophia, Breno
 Eric and Isais went to church, and all their kids. And other family members. It was joyous!
Sister Dixon from Colorado Springs...and my twin. Even had the same trainer and everything.... TWINS! It was a Parent Trap moment... Mom, Dad...do you guys have something you want to explain???
 We all had Sister Tanaka as a trainer, so we are "sisters"
 Elder Oliveira and I are training! Mamae and Papai!!! Ahhhh
 Sister Souza, Me, Sister Forsyth--- MOMMYS!!!!! 
The best sister trainers!
 Rebecca from Gama Centro
 Carol! 
 Saying goodbye to Sister Valen and Sister Muniz! Ahhhh.
 rma Eurotildes!
Bishop and his Family!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment