Monday, September 15, 2014

She is baking like a toasted cheeser! September 1, 2014

First and foremost, I have been staring at the word cheeser...or cheezer... How do you spell that word? Is it even a word?

I think the sun has finally gotten to me and my body!!! This week was hotter hotter hotter and DRY! Says little ole me from Denver Colorado, Brasil was hot and dry. Walking in this terrible heat was horrible. But, made it a bit easier for contacts, cause we just ask for water every 10 minutes, which also gets us into a lot more houses. 

This week, though hot and dry, was GREAT! It was the last full week for my companion, but I am happy to report it was our best week yet together! This week, our focus was more lessons with members. Every day, we were marking with members to teach with. One day, we marked with a recently returned Elder, Mauricio. He just got married, and he said he would go out and teach with us. So we marked to visit Delcides with him. Delcidedes is this little old lady who we started teaching recently. She is 70 years old, and the most excited person I have ever met. Haha, she is still working, still up and moving. And she told us that she loves the young people, cause they make her feel young. This lesson was awesome! We taught her the Plan of Salvation, mixed with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. AKA: We taught the plan of Salvation, and in the part of talking about our purpose here on earth we talked about the 5 steps, Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost and endure to the end. We let Mauricio talk about these 5 parts. And he started explaining, and we all just sat there in silence as the spirit testified and touched every soul listening. I began to think about the spirit and got a little side tracked in my mind, when all of a sudden I hear Mauricio "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized with someone holding the Authority to make this covenant?" And then I hear a "Yes, I WANT to be baptized" Followed by a date, and that marks that! Delcides is going to be baptized September 20th!  It was an AWESOME lesson. Plus I love Delcides. She is hilarious. 

This week we put together a Talent Show for our ward...which turned out to be for our ward and another ward. So many people showed up. But we decorated, and every one sang, played the guitar, the piano, danced....it was a HIT! This week, we also moved apartments, AGAIN!!!!! Haha, we finally moved back to live in our area! Less bus time! Less travel time! Going home at the normal hour. Blessing. 

Other than that, this week was normal. Just spent a lot of time finding new people to teach, making a bazillion contacts, teach a ton of people. This week Vitoria and her sister got baptized! And I was so excited for them! I love these 2 girls, and they are so interested in missionary work already. We are going on divisions with them this week. Their first week being members, and they are going to be the missionaries this week! WHAT? The Lord is great! Vitoria is 18 years old, and her sister, Gloria is 17! And they are great! We met them through our English classes that we teach every Wednesday night! 

I love Gama. I love Brasil. I am so grateful for this work. I am so grateful for the Spirit of the Lord that testifies of the truth. I know the things I say to people everyday are true. My testimony of this Restored Gospel grows on a daily basis, and I am so grateful for that! 
Love y'all. Next monday marks month #8! CRAZY! I don't even believe it. Okay, okay. Time is flying. 

Love you guys

Sister Craig

 Ingridy, A less active! She is awesome!
 Ya, they forced me to sing in the talent show. 
 Just being the local MC's here in Gama. And the coolest. 
 Teaching some of the members in our ward to make skirts! Always a joy!
 Haha, just for laughs, we finished cleaning the apartment before the move and I was a little drugy from all the heavy cleaning supplies. But the tangerine was delicious!
We play ping pong with the teens, and their non-member friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment