Thursday, June 11, 2015

You know the time is close... - June 1, 2015

Man, today I entered in the email....and found NOTHING. I wrote a letter, and then the internet stopped. Which was probably a sign, because it was just your average letter. But seeing as how nobody wrote me, not even mom.... I would just send the gist. But, lucky for you, the internet stopped working, we left, and now we have returned. And mom and dad wrote a quick note, so I decided to send a better email. 

This week, Taina was baptized! Taina is a super special 10 year old, that has shown me that life is HARD, but it doesn't mean we can't be happy. That our circumstances don't determine our attitude. Taina is and always was a happy girl right from the beggining. And watching her enter into the waters of Baptism, I saw how much our Heavenly Father had been waiting for this moment to happen. Of all the events that came in before her baptism, and even after. Surely, she will be one strong soldier in His army. I know that she will be a light for her family, for her little brothers, and for all those that cross her path. It was incredible for me to see a 10 year old girl, invite all of her friends to her baptism, and more importantly how many of them came and supported her, and saw her make this covenant. The Lord truly does work in ways I don't understand. But because of her, we have many more people to teach, many more who desire to follow her footsteps and most importantly, follow the Saviors footsteps. We are super excited here in Paraiso, and so are the members!

This week, we had a bunch of success. The Lord worked with Valda. Valda we found I think 2 sundays ago, and this entire week it was awesome to visit her. She is preparing for her baptism.
Every time we go there it is awesome to hear of her experience and the spirit she feels as she prays and sincerely reads the Book of Mormon. 

We had many more moments super awesome, and I am sure, one day, I will relate them. But as for now, I just want to bear my testimony. It was sad to hear of the passing on of L. Tom Perry. He will surely be missed. It is always a moment to reflect and see how organized, and inspired every single moment that happens in the Church of Jesus Christ. I don't have doubts that this IS The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know it, and I will defend it. Joseph Smith was the Prophet called of God to restore all that we have today. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the living Prophet, and that through him, we may know what to do. I am so grateful for all that the mission has taught me. 18 days is surreal for me. Can't believe it that it is coming to a close. But I know that the Lord has a lot more in store. I am grateful for the time I have had, and still have, to be a representative of this true church. 
Love you guys. Can't believe we all are starting the travels this week. Just remember, the fun arrives on the 20th!!!! Hahaha, just kidding.

Oh and Margaret. I am praying for you and your recovery! I love you dearly!! And know that you and Janell are always in my prayers. Thanks for the love and support, and I know that Heavenly Father will bless you in return for everything you have ever done to help and love your neighbor as He has commanded.

Love you goons.
18 days. wow.
2 more P-days. #gettowork
Sister Craig. 


Sister Craig!
On an exchange with Sister De Paula. Here are some of the kids that LOVE to hear the gospel. 

Taina getting baptized! Thanks Irmao Eduardo who helped!

Some of the others that also love to hear our messages, and Tainas mom, there in the blue! She might be baptized this week!!! Pray for us!

Sophia. Cutest little thing in the world. And prays, a lot

12 sisters, and an awesome Irma who gave us the worlds best bbq!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment