Thursday, June 11, 2015

:) - April 27, 2015

This week, was....quite the week. And it didn't even hit me until yesterday.

So we started off with some interviews with President! Man, that man.....sure is funny. My interview was awesome. We talked about my LAST transfer, and where I would be, and what I would be doing. He really is awesome. 

Then, we just started.....going. Working A LOT. This week we focused on teaching our married couples.... YES! It is the worlds most happiest thing. We have 3 married couples that we are teaching.

1) Maridalva and Euripeds. Maridalva works in the Infant hospital with a lot of Irmas in our ward, and other wards. She has already been to a baptism and some activities in another ward close by. We stopped by to teach them Saturday before the new area 70 devotional, and we invited them to be baptized on Mothers day!! We invited them to go to church at 9 am, and they said they would go. But then something happened. We were walking to the devotional it was 6:50, and we saw an Irma that we loved. Irma Carla, and she was at a gas station, and she started running towards us, crying...saying that her mother had passed away that afternoon. And she was trying to call and talk to Bishop, but he wasn't answering, and she needed our help. I knew that Bishop was in a leadership training with the 70. So I told her, and we all went to the chapel to talk to bishop. What ended up happening was cool. Out of nowhere, our entire bishopric walked out to help this Irma and to start setting things up for the viewing. And so I had my first Brazilian viewing/funeral. So what happens is they do a viewing from like 10 o´clock at night until 4 o´clock in the afternoon the next day. So Saturday after the devo, started the viewing. And Sunday, church was CANCELLED. We would only have Sacrament meeting at 7 o´clock at night. And I had already combined with all my investigators at 9 am. So 8 o´clock the next morning, we went calling everybody and telling them it was at night. But everybody had already moved plans to go in the morning and do something else at night......And I wasn't able to call Maridalva because her cell phone was turned off or something. 

Okay, so the Sunday we spent the day....in a funeral. It was...sad....but....reassuring of God's plan of salvation. Then after we went trying to invite MORE investigators to go to church, and NOBODY was home. Out of nowhere, I remembered that we could go and try tell Maridalva that church was at night....but the bus that passes there...doesn't pass on sunday. So we called an Irmão, and asked him to take us. It took him awhile, that when we FINALLY arrived in Maridalva's house it was 6:45. But still, I thought, we never know if we don't invite. So we went an invited. And they accepted! And long story short, THEY WENT TO CHURCH AND LOVED IT. And all the members where so happy and greeting them. 

We also are teaching Rodrigo and Diauny. Diauny's family lives in Salt Lake and are members!!! And it was way cool to teach them and tell them about eternal families. Diauny had already seen photos of the Salt Lake temple, and fell in LOVE with it. They have 2 little boys that are adorable!!!!!!

We have Nilde and Wenderson. They have two cute children.

We have lots. This week a lot happened. But I just want to bare my testimony of following the spirit. He is constantly talking to us, we really just aren't looking. This week I had moments of a little frustration, sadness, happiness, joy--excitement. And I saw the hand of the Lord in my life. I know that God lives. He has a plan, and that plan doesn't end at death. I love the mission. I love Brasil.

And I love you guys!!! Time is flying by. Literally..... 

SISTER CRAIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment