Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Be.Like.Christ. - April 20, 2015

This week's letter is brought to you by.....Jesus. This week, my district leader called it "Week of Christ". So everyday we had a challenge, that he wanted us to complete. 

The coolest experiences of all-

One day he called, and he said this day we needed to spend our companionship study learning everything about how Christ treated the children. We read old General Conference talks, scriptures, Liahonas....EVERYTHING. And really felt the love of our Savior, for the little ones. And so the challenge was to go buy a small little toy. And say a prayer before leaving asking Heavenly Father to show us what little kid we could give it to. It wasn't give a toy and find out which kid would have parents who wanted to hear or anything. It was just give a kid a toy, and help him be happy. So one day, we were walking and out of nowhere, I saw a woman. I didn't even see kids, I just thought I would do a contact normal. And then the kids started running up to her, and I noticed that one wasn't too happy. Wasn't talking/playing/joking. And we decided to give her the toy. And when we gave it to her, she took it....but still had a stinky face. And I was like wow, and then we just kept talking to the babysitter and explained that we just wanted to give her that little toy, and when I looked down at her....I saw a grin on her face. And in that moment, I felt the worlds biggest feeling of Love. I don't think I had ever felt such a strong spirit of the Savior in that moment. What we learned it how Christ really put the children first. And I don't really know how to explain what happened. Really, just seeing the little girl smile was something so comfortable. 

Then there was another day, where we studied....Charity! It's the pure love of Christ. This challenge stayed between the missionaries. We had to serve another sister. And he assigned the Sister we had to serve. So I had to serve a Sister who just arrived here....and I didn't really know her very well.....and I decided to make her breakfast. And again....that same spirit of love of seeing her as a true daughter of God came to me.

And, as we all know. Jesus Christ is our biggest example. And with all his love, charity....he invited others, to come unto him. On the last day, every single person we talked to we invited them to follow the example of Jesus Christ being baptized. It was the worlds coolest experience. I don't know why, but it was a week where we were trying to be MORE like Christ, do exactly how HE did it. Not because of numbers, or because the assistants were wanting it...but seriously we did it out of love and charity. We had moments where when we talked about the atonement, investigators felt the spirit, members remembered WHY we take the sacrament. It was a week of strengthening our ward, our investigators, the less actives.

I know that we are here on this earth with a purpose to be more like our Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for this experience I have had to come closer unto him. To understand what he felt, when people rejected him, when people opened their doors for him. I am so grateful for the example he left here for every single one of us. There is something more to do for us!!! I love this gospel!!!

This week, Sister Craig received that call.,."Sister Craig, which airport do you want to land in?" AKA..... Sister, I am buying your ticket RIGHT NOW!!! 

Almost cried.

But I am going to finish out strong!!

Today we have interviews with President. So I gotta run!!! Gotta go put on make up or something!!! FInd a skirt that doesn't fall off. 

LOVE YOU ALL!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sister Craig! I am following their experiences here! Congratulations on the commitment to the gospel!

    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete