Monday, July 28, 2014

Another one bites the dust!

Okay family....There goes another transfer....that one actually went by a little too fast for me. This week was the lasts of Sister Damaceno. Her parents arrived Thursday, and we said goodbye to her then! And then saw her a couple more times after. I stayed with Sister Blair and Sister De Mello until today.Where we got super trunky for home! It was funny, it was sad, it was hard....I didn't ever want to "kill" someone on the mission again! NO way!

Don't say that all to fast though Sister Craig, because got my new comp...and it is her last transfer on the mission. AGAIN???? Haha, Sister Valenzuela was born in Brasil but grew up in Paraguay! She was also companions with all of my companions that I have had. She seems way cool. Don't know to much about her. Lets see right?!

At least I am still in Gama....because I love Gama. And I love this ward. And I love this area! Whats not to love!? 

All this talk about losing weight in the mission...out the window. I arrived here in Gama and have officially gained 1 KILO!!!!!!!!!! What?! We start running more tomorrow. Already have goals made with her. Haha. Ahhhh no! 

This week was hard to find time to teach. We had a lot of meetings in Asa Norte for Sister Damaceno. And then when she left, I was with other investigators that I don't really know. I don't have to much to report to you kids today. Minus the fact that I totally have gained 1 kilo. You can all send me your diet ideas for next week. 

One night we had 2 more sisters stay with us who were visiting Gama for one last time. We had a little mini party in the church so that all the members could say goodbye. It was a mess in our apartment with 6 sisters, 4 beds....suitcases for all...and everyone staying up late gossiping and what not. Haha. 

This week we visited an Irma who I had never visited before. I loved her in Church, and love her cute family. But we never visited them and they live in the Chaccarras...(another word for the area that is super far away). This place was beautiful...where they lived, not the actual house. There house was normal. But they were surrounded in green. Just like we were in the middle of a mountain full of trees. But it seemed so different to me. And I got a little bit more homesicky because the sight...reminded me of Grandpa and Grandma Craig's house. Exactly like that!!! I almost died. It was beautiful. So there is just a side note for you all. Brasil is still beautiful and different everyday! Also, this week they sent off a missionary to Brasil, Curitiba. Their son is going to be awesome! And it was fun to sit there with his family and him and just talk about the gospel...and about the future. 

Ah, I know. I will share with you one of my studies, out of the billions I had this week. Okay, so this one applies to just the bald men out there....or to those that worry about losing their hair. I have got a scripture for you. D&C 9:14. Did everybody read it? Cause I only have my Portuguese scriptures with me... (we don't really teach in English here in Brasil...haha). So what we can learn from this scripture is that...If we stay firm and steadfast in the work of the Lord, we have 2 promises (blessings) awaiting us. Depends on who you are to say which blessing is better. But you men who are worried about your hair, I think you know what to do now. Haha. I love reading the scriptures. I know this seems silly, but after reading this verse.... I just sat there and thought, "wow, just about every single promise we need to hear, up until losing your hair, is written in the scriptures." God really didn't want to leave anything behind... not a single strand (of hair...get it?? haha) for us to miss. And I am so grateful for the scriptures we do have. This week we visited an investigator Gustavo. And he is leaving this week for America to study at Arizona for one month. He is super incredible, I think I have talked about him. He is the one that has a huge desire to know the truth. This week, we were teaching him...and he started bringing up all the lost books of the Book of Mormon, and the Bible...and we just sat there, astonished that we were actually trying to explain the Lost Books to an investigator...But afterwards it hit me. The literature we do have, is sufficient. We have enough to comprehend. We have guidance enough for our day. And I am so so grateful for each and ever Prophet, book, apostle...word! And you guys can be so grateful too! There isn't a thing in my life, that I can't use the scriptures as my guide. And it doesn't just end there. 

I am so grateful to be serving here in Brasil. I have always asked myself why here. But I don't even care why I am here. I am learning something new every day. Brasilians have so much to offer for me. This place is incredible, this gospel is even better. How could I NOT be happy with where I am at in my life? As much as this week was hard, thinking about home and all, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you all!!!

Miss you all! Praying for you and for your success every day, every prayer (Which is often...). Love you goobs!

Sister Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment