Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Strike 3...You're Out. - June 23, 2014

Okay Family.... I think I can remember just about everything that happened this week. 

We are in a new area. Sister Damaceno and I. My companion is this crazy girl from Rio de Janeiro. Haha it is so funny. And fun, but also she is really good at everything she does. SO I definitely am learning a lot. Cooking, Sewing more, and the best yet...Gospel stuff!!!!! Wahooo. 

This week started off with a miracle. Pay attention. Hahaha.

Monday night we were planning and we decided to take old investigators papers and visit them, see if something had changed. Well that night my companion had a dream. She woke up saying we needed to visit a Karinhe that lived at the address of Quadra 11 Casa #40. She described the girl she had talked too, and said that when she asked about the book of mormon, Karinhe responded "she believed it, and is trying to help others believe it. Just that she cant be baptized due to her blood. She has some sort of sickness. "So we looked at our plans for the day and we had found marked the address Quadra 11 casa 40 in our plans, but it was as Francaline that lived there. And my companion said that we visited her before lunch. Well we decided to go before lunch. And when we finally found the house after being lost, she said this is the house. And so we knocked, and out comes a little sweet Raimunda. We asked her if a Francaline lived here and she said that she was traveling for 2 weeks more (reminds me of my mother...traveling all the time) and I am ready to leave when my companion asks...and what about Karine, is she here? And Raimunda said "You mean her granddaughter? She is here but she went to the bank. She doesn't live here, she lives in Sao Sebastian. But she should be back any minute. Come in!!" So, we decided to enter. Turns out Raimunda is incredible! But also, Karine arrived. And she was everything my companion described in her dream. And when she arrived she gave us the strongest hug. But Karinhe, isnt like everyone. Karinhe has a mental problem. And so she doesn't need to be baptized. And we realized in this exact moment, that we were there to sing a hymn with her. Keep in mind, we don't know her, her family doesn't know us, we said nothing about being missionaries. We sang 2 hymns with her. Did you think to pray? and I am a child of God. But Karinhe didn't know the words, but she did know the melody. Loud and clear. And she was singing. And the spirit was so strong. And it hit me in that moment. I am not here just to help those who need to be baptized. I am here, to help which ever person. Every single child of God. My work isn't just about baptisms. My work is about lifting spirits. And in this day, not only was my spirit lifted, but Karinhe's was too. And the importance of going before lunch, is that they were not going to be there. They were going to leave for where she lives. It was incredible. I truly felt like I was standing where the heavens were open. Because I know that her spirit is a spirit of God, and it was open for me to see. She is talking with God, guided by God. And I had the opportunity to visit her. 


Other than that, this week has been a lot of walking and talking to everybody. Trying to find some people to teach. It has been a lot of work, and I feel completely dead. This area has a lot of potential. I am really excited for the next 5 weeks here. 

The world cup has pretty much taken over here. Because today, Brazil plays IN Brasilia. About 20 minutes from my house. So we aren't working at all today. Only aloud to leave for email, and if we are going to watch the game. Other than that, in house. 

I am loving it down here. Still, of course. 
This week was the Goodbye party for Presidente and Sister Gaertner. Of course everybody was a wreck, just bawling. But it was good to hear them and say goodbye to them one last time. And of course, I got to hug the President!!! Gall, it was so sad! But this week, we welcome in the new President. Pray for them. It is going to be interesting!! I am so nervous!!!

Also, funny story. This week. Us 4 sisters visited a family, and when we were there, they gave us Hot dogs to eat. And I was joking with the Irmao about how many we need to eat, and what makes it a good size. And I said, if hot dog and ketchup isn't falling out of your bun, then you didn't put enough in there. And about 5 minutes later, Sister Blair was eating one  and it exploded all over her shirt. It was sooooo funny. And then later that night, at our Ward Missions Leaders house, she spilled tea all over her shirt. I just about died laughing at her. 

This week was difficult for me. Just because I seriously forgot how to walk, and talk. It was difficult. My companion thinks my mom never taught me. Sorry mom. One day, I about tripped 4 or 5 times. And then just gave up. It was so embarrassing, but everybody had a great laugh. 

Anyways...so there is that. 

Love you guys!!!!! Praying for you!!!!!!!

--
Sister Craig!

Elder Magustero!!! 

Giving the President a hug!! Elder Magustero takes credit for remembering that I would want a picture!!! 

​One more, just cause I love these girls. 


No comments:

Post a Comment