Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Let the Games Begin! - June 16, 2014

First and foremost everybody. THANK YOU! I loved each and everyone of the letters I received this week. Really truly is the highlight of my day. But, lots of news for you guys here in Brasil. 

One- I was transferred. AHhhhhh. I left Guara 1. I never thought it was possible. NO, I didn't want it to be possible. I love Guara 1. But, I am really excited  to be here. My new area is Gama Centro. I think thats the name. I don't really know. My new companion is Sister Damaceno. I already knew her because when we had the fiasco of cockroaches in our Apartment and were living in Guara 2, it was with her. I love her! She is from Rio. So she is super outgoing with the biggest accent. It is hilarious. Anyways, she speaks english. And this is her last transfer! As they say in the mission, "I am going to kill her!" Her family is moving for Florida for her Dad's work. And she is going to be studying at Idaho. YA!!!! Roommates!!!! We already planning the day when I return. 
Anyways, we are opening this area for sisters. So we are starting from scratch. We don't have investigators, nothing. Know nothing. Luckily we have 2 more sisters that we live with. So lets see what this area has got! The chapel is right across the street from our house. And it has 3 stories! It is HUGE!!! Looks like a temple! I will send photos next week. 

Two- As everybody was asking... The World Cup. IT WAS NUTS!!!! I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. I kind of just imagined the super bowl brasilian style. No its like 4 super bowls put together. All day everybody was setting of this loud bombs, decorating more, everything. The stores and everyone closed atnoon. We watched it in the house of the Stake Patriarch in our ward. It was such a good game!!! Hahah, we joke because  the final score was 3-1. But really it was 4-0 because we made the first goal for Croatia. But it is so legit! And afterwards, we ran to our apartment cause everybody was on the street going wild! Holy nuts. Tomorrow is game 2 against MEXICO!!!!!!! Go Brazil. 

This week was hard. It was a lot of goodbyes. But I am happy to say that I left for the next sister there, some excellent investigators that are just moments and steps from baptism. 

This week I was talking to Irma Laurita, who visits the United States because her son lives there. And she just started talking about the Salt Lake temple. And holy homesickness for the temple. This week the neighbor of Irma Laurita died. Unexpectedly entered into a coma, and the day after died. So as we were talking with Irma, we began talking about how we are here for a purpose on this earth. And irma started talking about how she has one more purpose here in this earth, and it was to serve a mission. And as soon as she said it,  it hit me. She is going to work in a temple. And I received the chills. All this talk about angels of heaven always being with us, and I felt angels with us in this moment. And Irma Laurita felt it to. I don't know how to explain what happened, what I felt, or why I felt it. Just know that my testimony of temples, and angels ministering the work grew in this moment. 

This week I have a ton of pictures. Last night, Irma Lena gave me a surprise party in her house. Since I was being transferred, she wanted to give me something. But I had no idea. And I cried when they opened the door and start singing. Irma Lena has 3 sons, Mosiah, Nephi, and Moroni. Yes, like the prophets. 

So far so good down here. This new area seems to have a lot of potential. 
Okay, I mean, I probably am forgetting a lot. But I want to respond to you guys. So I love you!!! I am praying for you daily. Because I know the power of prayer. And I know the help that it can bring for us. Keep praying, reading your scriptures, doing what is right. Everyday. 

Love you!!!
I am 21! Almost dying!!!

Sister Craig


Chickfila visiting the world cup stadium. He saw the  stadium where world cup games will be held. He held tickets to the world cup. He was named Neymar!


Irmao Pacheco and Irma Laurita. He is the patriarch of the stake. And she is the CUTEST! They have a ton of birds, and totally remind me of Grandma and Grandpa Craig!!!

​Investigator Paulo Augusto!! He wants to serve a mission!

Arleisa! She is our pregnant investigator. She is so little but going to have her baby any day now. And I am going to miss it!!!!

​Amanda. Her brother is the baby's daddy! 15 years old!

​Irmao Chequino, Irma Raquel and Juh!!! My brazilian family. Definitely cried saying goodbye to them. But I will see them all in the states :)

Today at transfers, these are the twins in my old ward. Jessica and Pricila! They are incredible!!! Future Sisters!!!! Wahoo!! And a bunch of missionaries in the background. Awaiting where we will gooo. 

My birthday cake! Had so much fire, cause I am so old!!! Its official. I am a Brazilian!!!

Eduardo, Moroni, Irma (No say the name...), Me, Irma Lena, Mosiah, Nefi. The coolest family ever!!!! And my birthday food!!!! Hot dogs, cake, popcorn....YUM!!! Gonna miss them! Quick side note- These 3 brothers are EXACTLY like my 3 brothers. And they know it. Hahaha, always fun to joke with them. 

And last but not least....Isabella!!! Our ward mission leader's daughter!!! She is the cutest girl ever!!! And so outgoing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment