Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Green...Yellow...Blue... WORLD CUP!! - June 2, 2014

Family!
Okay....this week was good. I opened the email and actually felt your love. Perfect, just keep it up for the next year and 1 month. Because yes, this week I will be hitting my 5th month mark!! Time flies baby.

Sorry this email is late. As every transfer, today was the day of our Zone Activity. Always a hoot and a half with this zone. Played some soccer, the guitar...(yes I am learning how!!!!!!!!!!!), Brazilian dodgeball...which is way different but way fun, and...basketball. Where I learned that a lot of Brazilians in my zone actually pay attention to basketball in the states. So that was fun talking to them, and a little homesick for my brother Stevie. Mais, thats alright. I learned that one of the Elders that I arrived with LOVES the Broncos. He loves American Football, and wants a broncos shirt. So can we get him one??? Hahah, just a cool broncos shirt. He really wants it. And today we ate Brazilian Barbecue!! It was really fun. 

But here I am... this week was normal. Just here in Guara 1, with my companion and my investigators. 

I am going to tell you about Erasmo. We have been teaching him since my 2nd day here in the field. And he started out really open, and we were thinking ya! Lets baptize him, and he started to get a little wishy washy.... and eventually stopped. He is the son of Antonio. So when my companion and I started this transfer, I didn't even really tell her about him. Just that he was the son of Antonio. Anyways, this week he really started talking to us again, and opened his heart. Started asking questions and telling us what he truly wanted to know. And so finally he agreed to start praying, and hearing our messages again. This is good because he is awesome, but also cause he is HILARIOUS. Holy cow... he will ask if I want to try a new food, and I will just politely say no...but that doesn't matter, he is already on his way to get me it. He loves giving me new foods to try. This week he gave me a cup of honey. And I was like....no bread? Haha, just kidding...but I didn't know what to do. Anyways it is this type of honey that is super healthy and helps you not get sick. Which is good, because I was sick the day before...and I think it actually helped. But man that stuff was STRONG!!! Almost choked it was so strong. 

Some of you may be wondering...next week is the world cup...how is brasil preparing? Everything is Blue, Yellow and Green. EVERYTHING!!!!!! Houses, the streets, the stores....EVERYTHING. I am so freaking nervous to walk these streets next week. Haha, but this year President is allowing us to watch the cup in members houses. But only when Brasil plays. Which is fine by me. When it comes to the World Cup, I am a Brazilian. And we can't be walking the streets that day. Everyone keeps saying when Brasil plays, we will stay in our house. Including lunch. If members can bring it to us, thats great...if not...we are on our own! Ahhh. Hahaha. Pray for me! Just kidding, it is gonna be great!!

Other than that....this week was nice and calm. One day of getting sick, but I got driven crazy that I worked still. Hahah. I can't just sit there when I am dying sick. I start thinking about the people I won't visit. I go stir-crazy. 

I love this work, really truly. This week was a test of my perseverance. Every day, it was difficult to find people in their house. And those that had time. Everyone is preparing for the cup, and the teenagers are in their weeks of testing. So it was harder, we took every chance we could to teach, and still didn't manage to much. But I know those that we talked with, was real. I felt the spirit with them. And saw their progress towards coming unto Christ. 

I love you all. Thanks for the prayers, and support. Miss you everyday, but so happy to be here serving the Lord!!!! 


Sister Craig 


No comments:

Post a Comment