Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Just call her Jane! - April 13, 2015

This week was one heck of a week. The sun just whipped it out of us. Haha. No seriously.... This place is getting hotter and hotter on the daily. And we are in the middle of "winter". 

This weekkkk goes to...Rosilda and Manuela!!!!! We found them on Tuesday, taught them are SUPER spiritual/awesome lesson on the Plan of Salvation. They LOVED it. They are a mom and a daughter. Manuela is 11, and Rosilda is about....35... around there. So then, when we returned on Thursday..... they said they felt God answer their prayers and that this was the truth. And so we went and taught them Restoration. They said...again....they would pray about it. And last night....we arrived there, and they started asking about Baptism....and I just sat there like...never have I ever an investigator ASK me how it is that we baptize in the church. And I sat there, and felt super strong to read Alma 7. IT was awesome. They will be baptized May 2nd. We are excited. 

Yesterday we had a Family Night with an Irma and her two daughters. They are great members, and they asked us to continue to stop day during the week and read scriptures with them, because they are passing through some tough times. So last night we read with them. And they happened to be in Alma 7. Which was awesome. Because we got to hear Alma go and preach to the people about Baptism, and it was cool, as my companion and I had to relate all of this to members, who were already baptized. But it worked. I specifically like Alma 7: 14-17. It is talking about baptism, and what we are doing when we baptize. And it makes an invite. "Yea, I say unto you come and fear not...." The Lord is inviting all of us. And we should not be scared. Let it be baptism, let it be something personal. The Lord is on our side. He invites us to repent, invites us to do our best. Maybe we have already been baptized. But the invite still stands to continue firm in our testimony, in our faith. 

I hope you all are great. Sorry this email was sort of lame. But I feel like its the same stories over and over again. Can't believe the time is passing so quickly.There are days where I am excited, and there are days where I feel a couple tears come up because I know I will miss these crazy brasilians and some of their delicious food ways....

The Lord's work continues, and we are all excited as ever here in Brasilia/Tocantins. Lots to do, with so little time.

Love you all!!!!! Sending photos now!

Sister Craig! Te amo. Beijos. 

I forgot the funny story....

This week....we were walking....and one of the sisters, who will not be named....stepped on my shoe/foot. And she ripped my shoe. And I had to walk practically barefoot to a members house...to ask for a pair of shoes. 

Hahahahahahahaha I was pretty much hopping along. And I felt like a little bunny.  Hahahaha. It was a good time had by all, minus my foot. 


So there is that. Your daughter is a hoot. 

We took these TODAY

Last transfer with us 4. 

​Irmão Adilson and his family. They live in Chacaras. Its like...a farm....or something...

How precious.....Sister De Paula, Sister Mercer, ME, Sister Aparicio (black sheep hahah)


Happy Easter!  And Happy Book of Mormon holding.


No comments:

Post a Comment