Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pass it on. March 16, 2015

No literally. There are days where I feel like I could strike a match, start a bonfire, and it would be the same heat we are suffering in Palmas. I walked 2 minutes to get to this internet house, and I am sweating. Gross. Haha.

Okay, so. This week. My companion got a stone in her gallbladder. So we spent some days in the hospital. The PUBLIC hospital. That the mission does NOT use. But, here in tocantins, our insurance doesn't cover any of the hospitals. So public/free is where we go here. And it was horrible. You know those scenes in a movie when there is a war going on, and suddenly they enter into the hospital, and its so full of people that they have people in the halls, on the ground, crying, screaming...yeah...I felt like I was in the middle of that. It was horrible. But good news is, all is well with my sweet companion. 

Outside of that...this week....I don't know if I have talked about Aldaci and Ilton. They are our ward missions leader's parents. They aren't members, and we joke that they are "eternal investigators". This transfer we made a goal to get them married, and baptized. A couple of weeks ago, we set a date for them to be married April 4, and baptized April 5. They accepted. But then, wednesday, we showed up....and they told us they would be travelling, and would be getting married in this State, because it's where they are from. And that when they get back, they will be baptized. I just about collapsed of happiness. Our Ward Mission leader, is a recent convert....I think about 1 year. And we all just screamed of happiness. Obviously we are going to give them a little party in the church, with cake. Lots of delicious cake. 

This week, Raylan and Eliane.... Eliane is Raylan's mom, got sick with a cold and it was a bit harder to teach them. But, don't you worry, this week, we are all over that. 

Last night, we had a cool experience that led me to think about some of the things in my life. We were visiting a member, who is passing through problems. She has a 3 year old, that constantly disobeys her, and pushes the limits. And when we were there she started screaming with him. We all awkwardly just sat there, and then after she asked us for help. So obviously, I sit there like "We aren't moms, we don't know!!!" But then I started thinking about...my examples. My parents, my brothers and sisters who are parents. And long story short, we invited her to call him over and just give him a hug and tell him that she loves him. And she did, and literally all 5 of us were bawling. It was touching. In the moments where we are ticked, mad, about to explode..... do the opposite. Give the person a hug. Tell them, sincerely, that you love them. It was a touching moment for all of us. But I can honestly say that it is one that the more we do it, the more the kids will recognize it, and pass it on. So....my invite for all y'all with little ones, or y'all who might be angry. Just go over, and give someone a hug and say, " I love you". The three hardest words to say when Satan has put a bad feeling in our head, but the three strongest words, we can say to lift someone up, and take out any bad feeling we may have. 


I testify, that the Saviors love is a constant need in these days. We, as members of the church, need to continue showing/being examples of HIS atoning love. Pass it on.

Love you all! Miss you like crazy too.

Sister Craig. 

This lake came from all the rain we received this week. Crazy. And yes, tempting to take a dip. 

Making lunch! Thats right.....No, I am kidding, they only trust me to stir the rice. And I managed to screw that up. 

I don't know if I sent this, but its a fruit that literally comes from a FLOWER!!!! It doesn't have any taste. 
Its pretty much just tasteless calories. Like wholegrain crackers

What we have to do to get out of the heat. Thank goodness for pamphlets!

No comments:

Post a Comment