Saturday, January 24, 2015

And President said....let there be 6 months, and there were 6! -October 20, 2014

So this week I am a little bit later, because today was TRANSFERS!!! My companion and I stayed, and this will be my 4th transfer here in Gama. Its a good thing I love Gama... haha. No but seriously, I am 100% completely happy with staying and with my daughter! But the mission took on a lot of changes, transfer wise. Everyone is in new areas....its weird. Haha.

This week was awesome!!
Update on Gabi and Dani.... I am pretty sure I explained them last week. This week, we decided to give them a tour of the chapel, and then after we taught them. We decided to invite Bruno, one of the young men in our ward. We gave the tour, which was really cool, cause Bruno talked about the importance of Sacrament, which for them I am sure they liked, but for me...I just saw the future in this kid, and his love for the Gospel. Let me tell you something, the spirit totally changes when we have members present in our lesson. It gives it a little change, the spirit gets a little bit stronger...its great. We taught them the Gospel of Jesus Christ afterwards, where we talked to them, and explained (and showed) how Baptism is to be done. And we taught them INSIDE the baptismal font. Haha, it was cool. The spirit was there, and they both got super excited for their baptism, which is just around the corner. 

This week was also good...because..... I got to walk in the Chacaras. It is like a farm town that is part of our area. That almost NOBODY visits. But we decided to go there, and get to know that part. To explain Chacaras...its like farms....no, better...for those who know what towns close to Bear Lake look like....it looks like that. It was the cutest little place EVER!!!!!!!

Oh hey fun fact....I was standing on the bus, dead tired, half asleep, melting in the blazing hot sun...when some dude enters, and he is wearing DENVER NUGGETS!!! I asked him if he knew the team, or just bought it here, and he said "I love the Denver Nuggets, I visit Colorado all the time, and bought this at a game once"....and I just started to freak out. Guys! Brasil loves Denver!!! Haha, we had a joyous time talking about Denver, and he got super excited when I said I was raised there. Okay, sorry-- just a side note. 

This week, was just a lot of catch up. Last week we had made a bazillion contacts, to find a bazillion new people to teach, and this week, we did a lot of follow up....I really love the mission because...you can stay in the same area, be in the middle of a transfer, and just completely re-start your life. Haha.... because INVESTIGATORS ARE MY LIFE. As a missionary, you learn to be happy, when your investigators are keeping commitments, and commandments, and loving everything they learn. And thats why I LOVE being a missionary, because I see that so often! 

I am so grateful to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord, I am so grateful to have the spirit guide me on a daily basis. Never in my right mind, would I be sitting in a place, minding my business, when out of nowhere, I feel to start talking to someone that passed by me 2 minutes ago... And never, would I run after somebody and then explain why I was running.... NEVER. But I am so grateful for this daily opportunity. The spirit guides us, never too late, never too early. There is always a reason. I LOVE THIS GOSPEL.

Love you guys! Glad to hear things are great. Except that I am hearing there is a virus there in the United States....get that out of there quick guys! And thats about it. I forget what happens during the week because its all too much. But.... just know I am happy :)

Sister Craig! :)

Joao Paulo! He loves Americans!

Gabi!!! She will be baptized November 2nd!

Estephanie! Love her!!!

Alba....she is a nut case!

Love Neide!
Elder Figureido...I don't even think I spelled his name right...but he is legit!

Elder Saravia!!!! He went home to utah this week!!!! Chill dog. 

Elder G. Santos, Elder Arias, Sister Cortez and I. My district leader is sitting down (G. Santos)

Finally, our zone is complete!

Elder Arias! Who is from Chile!
Transfers, hanging with some friends. 

Elder Schinigoski, my brother here on the mission!

A pretty part of the Chacaras!

One lunch fell through, and Irma made lunch for 9 missionaries and her family! It was...a party. 

Dani! November 2nd!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment