Saturday, January 24, 2015

Helping hands-- OPEN HOUSE! -November 10, 2014

I am speechless. 
CONGRATS TO JEFF AND JESSICA!!!!!!! I can't believe I have a new baby girl to take care of when I get back!!!!!!! Tell her not to grow too much. Because I like seeing them when they are little and cute. Ahhhh, how exciting. 

This week was.......busy....but not the good kind of busy. This week we were put to do the Helping Hands...... it was Saturday, I think nationally? Well here in Gama, we did an Open House in the chapel. We had dentist, doctors, blood donating place, fireman, psychologist, and a lot of other services that were free for the public. Tuesday they gave our Zone 5,000 invites to give to everyone in the road, and asked that this be our focus this week. So this week were dedicated talking about Helping Hands Open House. The community got excited, announced it on the radio..... and it was really cool. A lot of people were able to come and receive these free services, that are usually pretty expensive here. One thing that was cool, is when they entered they filled out a piece of paper with there address, and everything and we received their addresses as references, and our pretty excited to hear what they thought and begin to teach them. 
This week we also had a lot of Service Projects with members and investigators... One investigator who is going to have a baby any moment here, asked that we help her with all the baby clothes, washing, ironing, organizing. So we were able to help her and she was super grateful for this. We had one Irma who she makes cakes, sweets...for parties, weddings....and she makes super cool cakes. Anyways, she had a wedding that she had to make 600 sweets, the wedding cake, and last minute they added more stuff. So she called us and we spent the day there helping her wrap everything all cutsie. But its always fun helping her and learning how to make the cakes, all the secrets and tricks. I feel like I am on the TV show Cupcake wars, or Cake boss! 

This week they asked us 4 sisters, and 4 Elders to clean the entire chapel. Let me say--- the chapel here is 2 chapels there in the US put together. Its 2 levels, and HUGE. GIGANTIC. So we spent friday night, mopping and squeegeeing (spelling?)  the tile floors in these 2 levels. It was a blast.

And between all of this, we are moving houses TODAY. So this week, in the small spare time we had, we were packing, cleaning our apartment. And as tired as we are, we still have to do a lot, and move all of our stuff and laundry machine....fridge....tonight at 6. Where are my 3 hefty brothers when I need them? Haha. 

This week was exhausting but still, we are happy.

Dani!! She helped us all the nights handing out the invites, telling people about this activity. And she said....I am not even fully talking about the gospel, just about the church, and I am happy. I can't wait to be a sister! My heart just gleams when she says these things. And I know it will help her family accept the gospel too. 

This week Bishops brother, who is inactive, finally opened up with us, and is going to start making the effort. Saturday he went to the church to drop his mom off, and we got him to stay and do some of the things that were there. And then he offered his truck to help us move today. I can see the desire he has to return to church, and I got so happy when I saw that. I have been working little by little with him, and now he is starting to grow....little by little. But it was really cool to see Bishop, and his mom, see him progress and how he was happy INSIDE the church, doing something OF THE CHURCH.
 I learned how to completely trust in the Lord this week. I learned that he has a timing in EVERYTHING we do, or others do.

Okay, what I really want to do, is send out specific emails this week to those that wrote, because I am just so excited with all of the good news that happened there in the States. 

But I LOVE YOU ALL! And I pray for you every night. 

Beijos. Te amo.
Tchau!
Sister Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment