Saturday, January 24, 2015

Mission Tocantins!!!!! -January 19, 2015

Its a whole other mission here in Tocantins. An entirely different mission...hahahaha. I am literally dying of heat. If you thought texas...or florida....or washington dc was hott......you ain't never been to Palmas. 

So this week was great----then.....it went a little crazy. I got here, my companions name is Sister Soares. She is absolutely HILARIOUS. It is like looking in the mirror when we talk. We just laugh and laugh at what we say. I am living with Sister Miranda again, and I love it. And then Sister Hill, she is from Utah. Her and my companion only have 3 months on the mission....(tradgic....) but they are incredible!

The members here are INCREDIBLE! And the people here just invite us in!!!! I should start counting how many houses I just entered in without knowing anyone. They are so receptive!!!

This week...as always...we moved houses. Yes, this will be the 5th time that I have helped the mission change over into a new house. I think President puts me in the areas that are going to move. And as always, something went wrong. We moved everything there, and there isn't water....air conditioning...nothing was prepared for us to arrive there. So here we are, with 2 houses....but no where to sleep. haha. All of our stuff is in the new one, and water and air condition are in the other. But, President let us sleep in a members house....so for 2 days, we slept in a members house. It was weird. I felt like I was at a sleep over. But, it was cool, got to know this member a lot. 

Palmas is incredible. Members are great, and there are so many investigators that we are teaching that literally we running from appointment to appointment. And if something falls, there is always a house to visit, or a less active. 

This week we had a cool experience. We were walking to...I don't remember. But we were walking. All 4 of us. And we were joking around, and laughing, and a guy walked by and asked us if we really believe in God. Of course we struck up a conversation...and he just kept saying how he didn't believe. And he just keep pushing and questioning if we really believe in God, and we just kept saying yes, bearing our testimony....and in the moment I just kind of looked at him....and said...wow, this would be one moment that if my testimony weren't strong....I would start to question. But everytime one of us said, " I know that God lives" I felt the spirit testify that what we were saying was true. And then we gave him a book of mormon, and he said he wanted to read it. But first he was going to open up in front of us, and there it would say if God existed...and where did he open up??? Alma 7. Invitation for everyone to just read that chapter....and soak up the answer and proof that GOD LIVES. He sent his son to die for us, he bled from every poor, to feel what we would feel. He blesses us every day. And when we want to know, we answers. I am so grateful to be here, in Palmas.....where we sweat everything we eat off in the first hour. Where in every house we go, they give us food. I am GRATEFUL for this experience. I am GRATEFUL to be a representative of Jesus Christ. 

Love you all. I know I am forgetting a lot of details...or stories...but I gotta go fix my house...haha.. how sad.

LOVE YOU! Praying for you!!!

Sister Craig

 There is a fake statue of Liberty in front of my new house!

Our last district from last transfer.... Best district ever....Assitants, Zone Leaders, Secrataries, and us Sisters.... 

Sleep over in Irmas house... My companion and i are in the middle!!!

My last night in Aguas Claras....with my favorite family.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment