Saturday, January 24, 2015

Down by the banks.... -December 1, 2014

Family! Whats up? Everybody still living??? Or did everybody die in a food coma? 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!! I totally forgot that it was thanksgiving until I received a phone call. Haha, hilarious Sister Craig, forgot one of her favorite holidays. 

I spent thanksgiving....thinking about Turkey. Delicious.

This week was BUSY! Sister Blair finished her mission, and we sent her right back to the USA. Take care of her there. I cried, a lot. She was such a great missionary. Crieeeeeddddd. 

This week, Carlinhos, a recent-convert, blessed the sacrament!!!! Ah it was awesome!!!! It has been INCREDIBLE and such a BLESSING to work with him, and see him start his life as a member of the true church. And as he said after blessing the sacrament, "The Lord's hand is in my life, and is just leaving blessings." AHHH. THIS IS THE REWARD OF TRUE MISSIONARY WORK. Seeing someone happy, and living the gospel. There is no better reward I could get.

Saturday we found 3 new investigators. And what are their names? Peter, James....Matthew. Haha, we made a goal to find our John. But they are super good people, who accepted to hear the message, happily. 

Sadly, I won't be there for the start of them. I was transfered for Aguas Claras. This area seems super good. It is a big area, and a bit richer. But, it will be great! President and I had an interview talking about the area, and he is thinking there is a lot of Potential. And clearly, I think that. I am SUPER excited to be here. I don't know why, just have a good feeling. 

This week I read a talk, "Consecrated Missionary"....and it took me one a whirl spin. It was an AMAZING talk given to missionaries, about how we can become a Consecrated Missionary, and I am excited to apply it in my life, and apply it to my work. But I got thinking about, how I can apply this after the mission, or maybe, how can I help the members in my ward, become Consecrated Members? That is my question for you guys this week, read the talk....and then apply it YOU as a MEMBER of the True Church.

This week, I am grateful for, obviously, MISSIONARY WORK. I am so so so so so so grateful the Lord has sent me here to be a missionary in the mission Brasilia. I am SO grateful for the billions of experiences I have daily, for the lessons I learn from others, for my leaders, for THIS GOSPEL!

I am happy, and hope you guys are too. I pray that you guys are happy! And i know the Lord answers prayers.... :)

As for Christmas, I arrived now, don't know what area I will be in...but....as the date gets closer, I will be sure to let you know :)

Stay strong and READ YOUR SCRIPTURES!!

LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment