Saturday, January 24, 2015

She's either pregnant or she just had a baby. -October 13, 2014

FAMILY!!!!! Hiiiiiii. I miss you all just so much! I absolutely loved the emails this week!
Time of course if flying by for me too. This past wednesday, I reached HUMP DAY! Thats right 9 months. Okay, so that doesn't mean I have 9 months to go....because I have a little less than 8. What? I can't even believe it a little bit! Its all down hill from here!!!!!

So, what happened this week. WE FOUND FAMILIES! I have been wanting to teach entire families for a while, but always just found parts-- Mom, son... or dad, daughter....but this week we found Mom, son, daughter, cousins, aunts.... EVERYTHING! 

This week our District leader gave us a challenge of giving out one book of Mormon during a contact every day. We happily accepted, and had been doing as follows. On wednesday, I told Sister Cortez that it was her turn to start the contact, explain the book of Mormon and get the address. Basically that it was her turn to do EVERYTHING. I was half-kidding, when she said, "Okay, I am gonna talk to her" And she pointed at a lady that was walking. Her name is Alba. She accepted, and we went to her house Saturday afternoon. Where, when we entered, she was super excited saying she had told her family about how she had met an American. (This is where my heart stopped beating of, "did she really read and get an answer and then convert her entire family??" And I kind of just an inside hand to the forehead shake.) As I entered, we began talking....they wanted to try in English....but they were asking questions about the mission and finally..."Why are you guys here, what do you do during the day?"  We started talking about our purpose....and as the spirit took it, a little about the plan of salvation. And the spirit was right. They start asking questions, and as the spirit touched their hearts, they accepted to be baptized. November 2nd! I am way excited!!!! They are incredible!! And hilarious. And love to give food............

We also found Iracema, and her two neighbors. They live in a block of one sector I had never been to. And we decided to dedicate our day there...and I lov that place. The people are so friendly, its cute and has cute little street markets...and I told my companion.. "I want to find a lot of investigators here, the place is great." And lo and behold Iracema, Zezinho and Dalva welcomed us right up to their sun set watching and then...Zezinho, started talking about Adam and Eve, and then Dalva asked "If you tell me where my mom and dad are right now, I promise to do whatever it takes to see them again."...PLAN OF SALVATION. Within 7 minutes of the lesson, they stopped...and said...let us invite more people. They started calling more family, neighbors. And then I started getting nervous, but still the Lord blessed us, and it was an incredible experience. The spirit was super strong. Turns out Zezinho, in his days of being a taxi driver here in Brasilia, decided to go to church in Asa Norte....and he loved it there, but then stopped being a taxi driver, and lost contact. It was an awesome lesson. 

This week, I am especially grateful for the plan of salvation this week. I know that we all have a plan, and a purpose. This week, in each and every lesson... the spirit testified that God has prepared a place for me, and that I need to do everything I can to obtain His Kingdom. 

Many people ask the secret to missionary work, or how to be happy... Here is my answer. STUDY, and learn the gospel. Before the mission, do everything you can do KNOW what you are going to teach. Pray daily to have the spirit testify of the truths. The other secret is to Preach what you KNOW. When we know, and testify to the people, the spirit is there, always. Thats a promise. This week during our zone conference with President and the assistants, we had  a training on how to baptize weekly, and they talked a lot about our testimony, and the importance of strengthening our testimony DAILY. Well, I can say that on my hardest days....is where I feel the power of my testimony help me stay, help me continue on the road to teach the people of Brasilia. It is my constant testimony that keeps me going. And then after that, the people. Keep your mind focused. As President Hinkley said... "Forget yourself and go to work"...well... forget yourself, and go. 

THAT IS THE MISSIONARY SECRET. There isn't any way to be here without a testimony. To face the things we face daily, the feel the things we feel daily, without a firm testimony in the gospel. 

Love you guys, and can happily say, I am grateful to be here...doing the work of the Lord. 

Sister Craig!

WATERMELON. After we cleaned the two story church! With one family! He gave us food. 

Okay, this is coincidence. The day I reached 9 months, our Relief Society president gave us diapers for one of our investigators who is pregnant....and it was funny, so I took pictures. 

Happy 9 Months Sister Craig!

Just cause I am hilarious.... 

Diapers and a baby. Lotta work.... 

Happy 9 Months to me. Acai with everything I love. Bananas, Granola and sweet and condensed milk. DELICIOUS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment