Saturday, January 24, 2015

She Melted. -September 29, 2014

FAMILIA!!!!!!!!!! Saudades? Do you miss me? I am sure you dooooo! I can't believe this transfer is already in the 4th week!!!!! Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?! Guys, I am going to just stay here, okay?

Okay---What happened this week..... 

This week the twins got baptized! Yes!!! We had been working with their Grandma, and mom....who are less actives. They actually have aunts and uncles in our ward that I love to death! And we have been working, trying to help them come back to church! And through this, we have been helping Nicoly and Rebecca get baptized! And they did! This week! I will send pictures later. But this little girls have been the greatest thing these past couple of weeks. Because every time we teach them, or even just talk with them... they have the biggest smile on their faces, a smile that says "I am ready to choose the right!" From the beginning they have wanted to be baptized, and so it has been fun walking with them as they chose to enter into the path of righteousness. At their baptism, I was asked to talk about the Holy Ghost...which was awesome. Because...when we explained to them the first time about the Holy Ghost, the spirit was super strong, and present. And I cried, it was just a really good moment, and they said that lesson "We want to have a new friend....the Holy Ghost..." It was then, that through their words, I realized that the gift of the holy ghost, is the gift of a new friend. He is the best friend that we can have. One who will never leave us, one who will always guide us down the right path. So when they asked me to talk in the baptism, I just kind of laughed and thanked my Heavenly Father for the opportunity to share my experience with these girls, and what THEY actually taught me!
 
This week, I spent one day in the hospital with another Sister. During lunch, she had some health problems that we had to go to the hospital.... and we sat there from noon-9 pm. While our companions worked....It was a difficult day...because it was the ONLY DAY that it RAINED! I have been praying for rain for about a month now...because this heat just doesn't help..... and finally it did, and I had to stay inside the entire day... 

Friday, the Sister Training Leaders came and we all went on exchanges. It was cool. We were able to leave a blessing in the house of a contact we made. He has cancer, and the treatment is doing things horrible to his skin, and he asked that we pray for him. And in that moment we decided to leave a blessing in his house, talking about our authority as representatives of Jesus Christ. It was super spiritual during the prayer, and then after he asked us to come back and visit him to explain the pamphlet we had read him. Something cool, his brother is a member of the Church, but in a nearby city, Santa Maria (Holy Mary!) and he always had rejected his brother when he even tried to talk about his church. 

This week was great. I love my weeks here in Gama. Can't believe I am halfway, and still only have 2 areas to compare.... but at the same time...I love my 2 areas, and would be happy to work with them for the next 9 months! Haha. 

Love you guys!! Lots!!

Sister Craig!

The night of their baptismal interview! We were excited!

They passed out of excitement for beef jerky. Thanks mom!

 Happy Birthday Sister Souza!!!!

Nicoly and Rebecca in the dresses, with mom and grandma!!

The twins and the family that came to support!!

Their uncles got to baptize them!!!

Sister Cortez, Nicoly, Rebecca, Sister Craig

Sister Training Leaders!



No comments:

Post a Comment