Saturday, January 24, 2015

Hold to the rod.... -December 15, 2014

Family!!!!!


This week, I am pressed for time. It is that Christmas season and we have so many Secret santas planned.....I gotta work to do, and one day to do it.Haha.

This week was AWESOME!!! A lot of members called saying they had references, wanting to do Family Nights....(we had a dinner almost every night). My favorite was last night. They called all of the missionaries, us 6, and a less active family, and then a family that is being taught.....IN GAMA (my old and favorite area). I was kind of stressing out, cause the message was mine, and there were so many needs of all of them...I didn't know what to do. And I was praying, asking...lookin, studying...doing all that I possibly could to prepare a good message. The message I gave, I talked about Lehi's dream and the Iron rod, and was able to apply it to everyone. But my favorite part, is when my companion and I had everybody shut there eyes and start imaging heaven, and who would be there, what it would be like....and the spirit just was so strong during the moment, that some started crying. And then we asked.... "what is it that you need to do, to grab hold to the iron rod, and never let go?" Obviously it was a rhetorical question, but you could see all of them thinking what they needed to do....and the spirit confirming in EVERYBODY'S mind. Even mine, the members, the other missionaries....it was....incredible. I LOVE how the Lord answers prayers, sometimes I think I don't have the patience, or sometimes I think..... he isn't going to answer...and then BAM. In your face, the answer is there, awaiting. It was pretty much awesome. And then after, we had soup and cake. What a combo.

This week, it rained.... A LOT. Like always.  And we are starting to teach Eva and her niece and her daughter.....who seem somewhat promising. I have faith. It is funny, how people accept the message, saying they know it is true....but they don't realize what they are saying. 

Okay, this week, I want to bear my testimony. That I know the Lord loves me, and you. He is there for us, through all our problems, through all our difficulties, he will always be there for us. The scriptures are a gift for us to use to stay holding on to the Iron Rod, following that straight and narrow path. And that when we do what we can, the Lord makes up the rest. This week the Lord showed me the importance of doing my part, and he will do his. ALWAYS DO YOUR PART! Always, and the Lord will do what is missing. He just needs to see our faith to make the miracle happen.

LOVE YOU ALL!! Don't forget to pray and read your scriptures this week!!!

Sister Craig :)

No comments:

Post a Comment