Saturday, January 24, 2015

Homerun. -October 6, 2014

I would just like to start out with how this conference weekend was an incredible weekend. For missionaries, conference is Christmas. There isn't anything better. To answer all of your questions---
Favorite message: Elder Holland, cried like a baby. The story of Thomas S. Monson, the message...it was absolutely a job well done. As always.
Favorite Talk: Elder Jorge Klebignat-- That was what EVERY SINGLE MISSIONARY needed to hear. I don't care what mission, what missionary, what message they received of that. But I know, that there was something for every single person in that talk. Kicked our buts here in our area. 
Themes- Saturday, I thought Keep the commandments.... Sunday I thought....PROPHETS! There were like 4 talks in a row that just talked about Prophets. Which was awesome, because, part of a testimony is accepting that we have a living prophet. I also LOVED the second talk that talked about Sacrament! It was Sunday morning maybe? I think so.... I forgot my conference journal in our house...so I am remembering this off the top of my head. I will give my thoughts and quotes next week :)

This week... was...... awesome! My companion and I made a goal everyday to just make 15 contacts about conference. And some normal contacts outside of this. So everyday, we had the opportunity to stop and tell 15 people in the street, that they have a living Prophet, and him and his 12 apostles have prayed, fasted, and prepared inspired words for the world to here.  Each time we talked about it, I thought.... ahh no. They aren't going to be interested. But as I, or my companion, testified, I saw the change in their heart (through their change in body language). It was a really cool experience. 

But, like mother like daughter--My favorite moment of the weekend was during session break Saturday afternoon. As all missionaries traveled outside of their areas to go to the stake center in my area, during the breaks we had the opportunity to stay in the chapel, and just relax and talk. When my companion asked me to go play the piano (Brazilians think playing the piano is like finding gold....) so I went to play it. I was playing the song, Nearer, My God to thee, when 4 or 5 Elders came up and started to sing. I don't know, maybe it was the conference spirit, or the fact that 5 priesthood men were singing, but really I think the lyrics just touched me in the moment...because I started to cry! Followed by a roar of laughter from Elders because I was unable to play and cry at the same time! But I just realized, how in every moment, we should be looking to be closer to our Savior. How in every moment, we are able to feel his spirit if we really truly look for it. As a member of the church, I received the gift of the Holy Ghost. That comes with the promise of ALWAYS having his spirit. I love this hymn, and especially love the 3rd verse. Everybody go read the 3rd verse.... I think its pretty similar in Portuguese and English! haha. 

I am pretty sure nothing else really happened this week....or if something did...I am forgetting it already. Good thing I write in my journal. Haha.... But I just want to bear my testimony for you all. That I know this is HIS Restored Gospel. I know that Joseph Smith was called and prepared to be a Prophet of God, and that today we have a living prophet. I am so grateful to have heard his words, and the words of His apostles this weekend. I hope we all take the time, to do as they all said...and ponder in the words we received, not only this weekend, but other conferences. I hope we continue in on the straight and narrow, by reading our scriptures and praying to our Heavenly Father daily. I am grateful for the opportunity to share this gospel with the people of Brasil. 

LOVE YOU. TE AMO!!!

Sister Craig
Re-organizing our house and packing some things up to move. It got really hot in our house. Gotta do what you gotta do to cool down in this heat!

Some of the Elders in our beautiful Zone Alvorada. 

DO IT!! Shove his face in the cake. Nothing says Goodbye like cake in your face!

Elder Arias taking care of his child. They even look alike. 

Saying goodbye to Elder Nascimento (Nascimento is the word for born..his name is Elder Born) He finished the mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment