Saturday, January 24, 2015

Guara 1-Gama-Guara 2 -November 17, 2014

Family Family,
Glad to hear all are in the Christmas mood, becuase I keep forgetting here in Brasil that its almost Christmas. Where is the snow? haha.
Okay, this week.....was just alright. I got emergency transfered, and was not expecting it. It was a hard move. I love love love love Gama. Truly felt like I was in Heaven, and really truly became part of the small town family in the ward there. I am going to be in Guara 2 with the Sister Training Leaders until transfer. I love these sisters. Sister Blair and Sister Marques. They are awesome, and work really hard. Guara 2 is practically the same area as my first area. My first area was Guara 1, we share the same chapel the same pretty much everything. So returning here was a little shock. Felt like I restarted my mission again. But it has been good getting to know more members here in Guara 2, and seeing the old ones.
I had one of the coolest (and funniest) moments happen in my last week of Gama. This week we moved houses. I asked Bishops brother (less-active) to help us because he has a truck. I like joking around with him alot. Actually, he finally started opening up to sisters because we were FRIENDS first, and after missionaries. So he arrived a little bit late, and was super frustrated when he arrived. His car wasn't working right, and wasn't starting....and I jokingly said....its because you don't have enough faith. He kind of looked at me like..."This is not the time" but smiled and said bugg off sister. Then I said (jokingly) "Its because you didn't PRAY!" Then I said a prayer out loud, as if I was him "Heavenly Father, please help my car work right so i can help the sisters. In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen." And then I yelled, NOW TRY IT!....and in the same moment...he tried it, and his car worked perfectly the rest of the night. When it worked right after the prayer, I kind of started laughing...cause I was kind of just joking around with him, and he started laughing because.... it actually worked!!! GOD HEARS OUR PRAYERS, joking our not. It was honestly a moment for me that I needed. God is listening. In every moment,he is there. 
As for investigators, I am getting to know all of them in Guara 2. I didn't have MANY opportunities to teach because 2 days we moved houses, and then after that I was transfered, and am getting to know the area and everything.
But I know that the Lord has plans for me. I am excited for these 2 weeks, to work with these Sisters who are great! And I loved Guara 1, so why wouldn't I love Guara 2?? Sorry this letter was short, but....thats life.

Love you all! Praying for you! Keep up the christmas cheer for me! It just doesn't feel like christmas in the sun!
Sister Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment