Saturday, January 24, 2015

TIDAL WAVE!!!!!!! -November 3, 2014

HI FAMILY!!!! 
I am just going to cut right to the point, mainly because I don't know if you all are good, bad or if ebola ate you all up. But....

This week was awesome!

Our zone has had a challenge of finding 30 new investigators these past weeks, every set of us. It was cool, because we spent most of our days just talking to people in the road. Finding the weirdest ways to talk to some of them. Because, I don't know if you know this, but sometimes, we need to have a little fun in our day. And doing the same things every day can get a little old. So we started to make contacts with people who were wearing t-shirts that had the American flag (yes, a lot of people wear this), and we started talking about how I am American. Or we talked to every person that had a child with them. Or if they were standing by a tree, we had to talk to them.....we thought of the weirdest things. But it was cool, cause we were able to open right up with the people, and show them that we are fun and normal, but then quickly after, how we have something to show them. And it paid off, we were able to find a lot of new investigators this week that are awesome!

DANI GOT BAPTIZED!!!! This week, we worked A LOT with her, answering any last questions, interview, and with the new rule of teaching lesson 5 BEFORE baptism, we were running. One night, we were trying to find her a jumpsuit to be baptized in and she sat us down wanting to show us a video. At first, I thought...its gonna e one that talks bad about our church. But it was a video that a news channel here made about how Mormons are growing fast here in Brazil. They talked about our canning, our family history, about how we are the first to help in any worldly disaster. It was a really cool lesson. Keep in mind, we had planned to talk about Temples and Family History this night. During the video, she pointed and said "This is the coolest part"....and it started talking about our Family History Center. Afterwards when we explained more about Family History and Temples, she said, "Every whole that I had in my heart before I met you two, is being filled with this gospel. I have always wanted to know more about my family, where I came from...and now I have this opportunity to do that!" It was an awesome lesson, and as I testified about how when we do this work, we gain more of God's angels, I felt the presence of a lot angels there. And I knew in that moment the importance of Family History...and Temple work. OH HOW I LOVE THIS GOSPEL.

Sunday was great, Dani got baptized! It was a little funny. I filled the baptismal font, and when it got high enough, I turned it off. But then a couple members did something with it, because they thought it was still on, and as she walked in the font, we all realized how close it was, that when she would go under....water would flow of EVERY open space. It was a....a butt squeezer, but we managed, to avoid the flood of Noah's Ark. Good thing she is tiny. It was an awesome day for her. Her mom came, and the entire ward was there to support her. And she chose Bruno, a young man in our ward, to baptize her. It was his first baptism, and honestly was perfect to help him. Also, seeing as how yesterday was Testimony meeting, but before the baptism, DANI BORE HER TESTIMONY. She turned to me during a testimony and said "Sister, I feel like I should go up there, because I think I have a lot to share. But you need to come with me." As I looked at the members during her testimony, every single one of them was crying, and I know it was through her courageous spirit, and her firm testimony that each and every single one of us felt the spirit. 

Yesterday was a holiday here in Brasil. It is like day of the dead. We planned an activity that we took some members and all of us went to the cemetery. For 3 hours, we just talked to everyone...because it was SUPER busy, and everyone was super open to receive our messages. It was really cool helping them understand the plan our lovingly Heavenly Father has given us, and that there really is no reason to be sad when someone passes on. It was cool seeing our members go out there and share their testimony. And I know the blessings it brings when we share our testimony, without or without a missionary name-tag, when we extend our hands and help others understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I am grateful to be an instrument in his hands. I know that we have great opportunities to help others receive this gospel, both living and dead. I know, and understand the importance of Family History. I am grateful for this opportunity. I am grateful to bring this joy to others. I am in love with Brasil. 

Love  you guys! Miss you!!! Praying for you always. Go out and teach the people near and dear to you!!

It was raining one morning...... :)

S. Cortez, Dani's mom, Dani, Me, Vitoria (another recent convert)
Dani, her mom, and some of the cake the members made for her!

Bruno, Dani and I!!! What a lovely day!

The main event! Baptizer and Baptize-ee. 

Happy days!

Some of the members in the cemetery..... and ya, we are sitting on a tomb.... i was super not okay with it, but my feet were KILLING.


No comments:

Post a Comment